website statistics

Marathon Swimming at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Wikipedia say that, We haven't a OQ. I don't know who's to believe.

Wikipedia is wrong. Czech Republic get the reallocated Oceania quota and Poland take their place on the EU quota, America don't have a second quota. 

5 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Wikipedia say that, We haven't a OQ. I don't know who's to believe.

I read in comments in facebook page of our swimming federation that they will wait with fact that Piotr have quota or not until World Aquatics will officialy confirm the qualifiers in next week(s).

8 hours ago, rybak said:

I read in comments in facebook page of our swimming federation that they will wait with fact that Piotr have quota or not until World Aquatics will officialy confirm the qualifiers in next week(s).

The same said :CZE Martin Straka to Czech media. He is also not sure. Sometimes reallocation might be tricky. 

Anyways, the reallocation to :USA ... I am not very sure how exactly it works, whether it goes to the next eligible athlete if the country hasn't fulfilled the quota or whether it goes to yet unqualified country. 

So with that, here’s the full list of all open water quotas for Paris (excluding 800m/1500m OQTs produced in pool events)

Men

Fukuoka 2023 Quotas: :GER:HUN:GER

Doha 2024 Quotas: :FRA:GBR:FRA:AUS:HUN:ITA:ITA:AUS:ISR:ECU:GRE:USA:GBR:AUT:CZE:MEX:POL:NAM:JPN

Women

Fukuoka 2023 Quotas: :GER:AUS:USA

Doha 2024 Quotas: :NED:ESP:POR:AUS:BRA:USA:FRA:ITA:MON:FRA:JPN:HUN:BRA:ESP:CAN:MEX:GBR:RSA:CHN

Edited by Josh