website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

51 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep. Ventilators are actually not too much of a problem here, since they managed to scale up the ICU capacity (which of course includes ventilators), it's not nearly full anymore. Which is good, so far it hasn't really gotten out of control in hospitals, hopefully the current precautions stay in place for a while longer and people keep listening to them as relatively well as they're doing.

Face masks, which are needed for people working in healthcare and so on, are a bit of an issue. For example at some of the nursing homes around my town, I've heard people have resigned from working there simply because they couldn't work in a somewhat safe manner due to a lack of PPE and masks.

I agree most healthcare facilities lack of PPE and masks. No choice. I think PPE can be sewn. I have watched lots of videos about people sewing PPE and mask too. Of course it is very difficult to produce masks that suite the usage of doctors and nurses in the hospital.

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Plus wearing masks somehow seems to make people think it's ok to not keep distance. Look at idiots from all kinds of governments who are wearing a mask, sure, but are then giving press conferences or making visits or whatnot while basically standing and walking directly next to each other.

Wear a mask if you want, sure, but for the love of everything, keep your damn distance from others...including you, presidents and prime ministers and other authority figures. And no, shaking hands - even with gloves and/or a mask - is absolutely not done now.

I do not know whether this information of mine will be helpful or not but you can always try it. You can get help from Taiwan. Seems that they have produced lots of masks and PPE over there. Maybe if you can contact people from there you can get the PPE and masks.

An (somewhat?) interesting comparison of how Germany and Sweden handled this pandemic so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyqRsOPo4Ik

About the current situation in Germany:

Apparently the reproduction rate went down to 0.7, which is good news, but i am not sure whether it still is too early to "end the lockdown", considering that the Wuhan region had a reproduction rate of 0.32 before they ended the lockdown and now they still seem to get a second wave pretty quickly. In addition to that there are currently more than 11k free hospital beds in Germany, so there is some "wiggle room".

About a possible vaccine:

I am not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but apparently some oxford scientist said a couple of days ago that they could have a vaccine by September if everything "works out as planned". As i mentioned before a representative of the german company "CureVac said that same recently, so let's hope that we will maybe have a vaccine for high-risk groups by the end of the year. From what i understand, they aren't trying to develop a completely new vaccine, but they are hoping to repurpose a vaccine that has originally been designed for another virus and might also work on this virus after some "adjustments". Since those vaccines already cleared phase 1 of the clinical trials, they might be available much sooner than vaccines that have to be developed "from scratch".

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Agger said:

Apparently they "just found out" that the death toll in Wuhan was 50 % higher.

But also 350 or so new cases...we might be starting to see the second wave experts have feared in places with too tight restrictions..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But also 350 or so new cases...we might be starting to see the second wave experts have feared in places with too tight restrictions..

Or maybe they "just found out" that 350 additional people tested positive too at some point in time...

Official numbers, for what they worth, show there are only 116 active cases in China right now. No sign of the second wave at all.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Or maybe they "just found out" that 350 additional people tested positive too at some point in time...

Official numbers, for what they worth, show there are only 116 active cases in China right now. No sign of the second wave at all.

Yeah it's all a bit fishy, as is tradition when it comes to China :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

72 new confirmed cases (Again mainly returning people isolated in different national quarantine facilities and also people from the Roma slums especially the one in Žehra is now categorized as place of epidemy...) New NR in tests yesterday, for the first time the country tested more than 3 thousands people in one single day.

3279 tests yesterday - 72 positive.

So the inevitable had to come, we surpassed the "magic "1k" barier" :(

1049 Confirmed Cases in Slovakia (+72 Yesterday)3279 Tests yesterday - NR (37737 Tests in total)

9 Deaths (+1 again from the retirement house in Pezinok already 6 their clients passed away in the last days), 167 Healed (+0)

203 Hospitalized, 7 in serious condition (under ventilators), 3 in very Critical (ICU)

Police continue the investigations (under strict hygienic measures) in the Retirement house in Pezinok, several persons were already took to the interrogation room and the director of the facility already was fired.

6238823_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6238829_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6238832_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

in the quarantined Roma slums they began to pay the social assistances to the residents. for this reason, they have placed a mobile postal center. the Ministers of the finances, inferir and social issues also came to see the situation

6238648_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6238645_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

but to finish in a positive side,

they finally opened the new cycling bridge for public :d

6238624_1000x.jpeg?rev=2

6238634_1000x.jpeg?rev=2