website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

23 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Can not remember a more boring athletics session than this morning, even at times wehere there were much less events.

The guy who invented the schedule for this Saturday morning will hopefully sign a contract soon with IOC, that would only fit with the idiotic way IOC is conducting its Olympics schedule policy

I think that it was the WA point: have less morning schedule and not-so-interessing to watch. They capitalize the evening session

Neugebauer's focus this season was clearly on the NCAA (same as pretty much all US-trained athletes in non-olympic years). Can't wait to see what he can do next year when his focus will be on the olympics. Right now i would put my money on him winning gold next year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Absolutely horrible schedule, basically only evening sessions. One of the worst world championships ever from a viewer's perspective.

It's one of the best from a casual viewer's perspective, which I think was the goal here. Basically have everything interesting in a 3-hour window every day in the evening, this way the Worlds have an easier time to fight for the attention of the public. I mean, even 3 hours are too long for most people these days, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the evening sessions will be crammed into two hours like the Diamond League. 

19 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, good for you then.

Decathlon for me is not anymore that special event what it used to be. Lost my interest a while ago. W Shot Put qualifiers are not particularly my highlight event of the athletics circuit neither. I found myself many times just surfing around the web than really noticing what is happening at the stadium this morning

Yeah the women's shot put usually goes right past me as well, just like the women's javelin which is just horrendous nowadays and yesterday was basically as boring as expected with the one exception of Kitaguchi's throw :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

It's one of the best from a casual viewer's perspective, which I think was the goal here. Basically have everything interesting in a 3-hour window every day in the evening, this way the Worlds have an easier time to fight for the attention of the public. I mean, even 3 hours are too long for most people these days, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the evening sessions will be crammed into two hours like the Diamond League. 

Yeah, morning sessions have always been for the true athleticos anyway, no casual viewer is going to turn on the TV for some morning athletics over breakfast or something in the weekend (especially if it's not raining and people want to do outside stuff), let alone during a weekday :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tilga is more and more putting himself in the bronze medal fight.

The medal fight is getting more and more interesting, massive throw for Victor who is now fully in it as well :hyper: 

Victor goes even further! :yikes: