website statistics

Soccer

Josh

• 4 weeks later...

The big question is will Sinclair retire now or after the Olympics.

IMO her being seleted for the Olympics at this point would be entirely sentimental (which on some level is understandable given all she's done for the sport in this country).

5 hours ago, NearPup said:

The big question is will Sinclair retire now or after the Olympics.

IMO her being seleted for the Olympics at this point would be entirely sentimental (which on some level is understandable given all she's done for the sport in this country).

Arash Madani of Sportsnet tweeted she won't be there. There will be 2 final send of games next month

I'm not surprised, she's been getting less field time despite her "respect" factor. It was quite believable that she would be at best a sub for the last ~20 minutes of games. Her going for one last World Cup was understandable, but she already has Olympic gold and the all-time scoring record. There's nothing more for her to achieve.

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Arash Madani of Sportsnet tweeted she won't be there. There will be 2 final send of games next month

Probably a good thing. On a 23 woman roster you can sort of justify having her as a sub, but on the smaller, 18 woman Olympic roster? Ya...

• 3 months later...

World Cup News:

Canada's matches have been announced for June 12, 18 and 24th. First game is in Toronto and the next two are in Vancouver.

In total, Vancouver is hosting 7 games while Toronto is hosting 6.

Toronto Schedule:

June 12th (CAN), June 17th, June 20th, June 23rd, June 26th, July 2nd (R32)

Vancouver Schedule:

June 13th, June 18th (CAN), June 21st, June 24th (CAN), June 26th, July 2nd (R32), July 7th (R16)

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

I’m assuming the tickets will be extremely expensive xD

I’m going to try to get both team Canada games in Vancouver along with maybe a couple games in Seattle too.

I’m hope I can repeat my ticket luck from when the Women’s World Cup was here.