website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2023

Totallympics

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Maybe @phelpspicked the wrong Japanese transfer? :p Kodai Senga had a shaky first inning in MLB but settled for 8 K after that in Mets' 5-1 win over Marlins.

obviously...

but he was a late pick, when Senga wasn't available anymore.

my top pitchers are Cole, De Grom :facepalm: and Fried (already in IL :hairpull:) among the starters and Hader among the relievers.

Pablo Lopez and Tyler Anderson are the 2 that saved me from the absolute disaster so far...

Yeah, there are only a handful of SP who really sustain top level for several years in a row. I do have a feeling there's a biger group of guys who have one or two great seasons and then tail off yet carry a reputation of being great for a while (without me looking at this WAR stats or whatever the analytics say). Betting on deGrom at this stage is 50/50...

The Twins really might go 162-0! This team is playing out of their minds!

But, as is the norm with Minnesota sports teams, rile up the fans during the regular season and then embarrass yourself like sitting on a whoopee coushion at a formal event during the playoffs.

But I am happy for now!

Even a Yordan Alvarez Grand Slam can't stop the Twins who beat Astros 9-6 :p

Rays still unbeaten at 7-0, Brewers at 6-1 the second best team through the first week. Angels lead AL West despite losing the home opener to Blue Jays yesterday (in vintage Angels fashion, only Trout & Ohtani with hits and the bullpen sucks).

Going 10-0 in the MLB to begin a season is remarkable and should be celebrated, but just look at the teams that Tampa has played.

Detroit - 2022: 66-96 / 2023: 2-7

Washington - 2022: 55-107 / 2023: 3-7

Oakland - 2022: 60-102 / 2023: 2-7

Now playing Boston (below .500 in 2022 as well).

Plus, 10 of their first 13 games are home games.