website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2023

Totallympics

Trout back on the injured list, and Ohtani with a UCL tear. The Angels might be cursed :zip:

Fun Fact: Ohtani and I might be dealing with identical injuries at the moment (depends on the severity of his tear.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2023 Regular Season

American League

the Baltimore Orioles resurrecting like a pheonix, surprisingly won the Eastern Division with 101 wins and 61 losses

the Minnesota Twins had a jog in the park to take the Central Division (87 wins, 75 losses, the worst record among the division winners, which means they have to go through the Wild Card round)

the Houston Astros (90 wins, 72 losses) came back from Hell to take the Western Division on the last day of action, after Seattle first and Texas then committed suicide in series, wasting a big lead in the standings in the last few weeks of the RS

Tampa Bay, Toronto and Texas also earned a spot in the playoffs, however NY Yankees and Boston missing it all is the best news of the year :whistle:

National League

the Atlanta Braves dominated the Eastern Division and the entire league through the year, 104 wins (and only 58 losses) and a bunch of team and individual records by their players are just the obvious consequence of such superiority

the Milwaukee Brewers won the weakest division of the NL (the Centra Divsion) with 92 wins and 70 losses and basically they had no opposition through the whole year, despite some flashes from the Chicago Cubs, that however faded away in the final stint of the season and missed the PO

the LA Dodgers had no trouble to win once again the Western Division (100 wins, 62 losses), but they still have a lot of troubles on the mound and I'm sure they will find a way to lose early in the playoffs

Wild Card spots went to Philadelphia, Miami and Arizona (the last 2 definitely not expected to make it through at the start of the season)

the 2 most delusional team in the NL were surely the NY Mets and the San Diego Padres...and once again, I can only say that's a nice music to my ears :lol:

so, Today it's Wild Card games time

best-of-3 series. all games on the field of the best seeded team

American League

Toronto Blue Jays (6) @ Minnesota Twins (3)

Texas Rangers (5) @ Tampa Bay Rays (4)

National League

Arizona Diamondbacks (6) @ Milwaukee Brewers (3)

Miami Marlins (5) @ Philadelphia Phillies (4)

my 2 cents...

Toronto and Tampa will go through in the AL, Milwaukee and Phila in the NL

most likely, no or max 1 series going to game #3 (TOR @ MIN the main candidate)