website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2023

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

Trea Turner signs a 11 year/ 300 million deal with Phillies :coffee:

Justin Verlander signs a 2-year deal with New York Mets so he's teammates with Max Scherzer again. Mets are loading up all-in but it's anyone's guess if Scherzer can avoid injuries for longer than two months.

9 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Trea Turner signs a 11 year/ 300 million deal with Phillies :coffee:

Justin Verlander signs a 2-year deal with New York Mets so he's teammates with Max Scherzer again. Mets are loading up all-in but it's anyone's guess if Scherzer can avoid injuries for longer than two months.

Verlander's deal is absolutely insane...:facepalm:

43+ million US $ for 2 years, option for a 3rd season at min. 35 million US $ and full no trade clause :yikes:

for someone of his age and recent background (Tommy John surgery just 2 years ago), it's really "all in", more than "all in" by the Mets.

Aaron Judge stays with the Yankees who matched the 360 million Giants offer. Yawn.

Bigger news is Xander Bogaerts siging with Padres for 11 years/280 million. I suppose Tatis, Jr. will move to OF now? :mumble: Meanwhile Red Sox look like they will struggle for a while here...

just another monster-contract for a MLB player...

the San Francisco Giants landed Carlos Correa with a brand new 13-year/350 million US $ deal :yikes:

and not mentioned before, the crazy spending NY Mets landed also the Japanes pitching star Kodai Senga.

5-year/75 million US $ for the player, with an opt-out clause for the team after 3 years (imho, this is a real steal...Senga should have been a much higher value).

another Japanese star coming to play in North America is outfielder Masataka Yoshida, who got a 5-year/90 million US $ contract by the Boston Red Sox.

Boston also signed veteran closer Kenley Jansen (2-year/32 million US $ deal for him).

On 12/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, Monzanator said:

Aaron Judge stays with the Yankees who matched the 360 million Giants offer. Yawn.

Bigger news is Xander Bogaerts siging with Padres for 11 years/280 million. I suppose Tatis, Jr. will move to OF now? :mumble: Meanwhile Red Sox look like they will struggle for a while here...

Tatis would rather end up being the DH, I think.

Boston's troubles are mainly on the mound (especially the bullpen).

provided Story & Martinez can stay healty and adding the Japanese slugger, I don't think they will struggle that much on offense.

not sure Jansen is the right man in the right place, though.

Tatis is set to be the most overpaid player or what? 340 million for a full-time DH? :crazy:

It looks like Mets are loading up the bullpen alright, swapping oft-injured deGrom for Verlander makes sense plus adding this Japanese pitcher but it's still all-in for the next two seasons, they could really bottom out in 2025.

Correa to Giants is well... second rate deal. Correa was never the real Alpha #1 with Astros and don't get me wrong, he's a great player but I don't see him as the main carrier esp. that Giants are in the Dodgers division etc.