website statistics

Road Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

yeah, very opportunistic and senseless style of ride... but, yeah, anyway...

obviously I watched in our TV, but I wonder how other commentators spelled Svrček´s name, I imagine it can be a nice one vowel tongue twister  :p

dbf6812f59e5080cf420f1056bfceb66f7d6a43a

Edit: oh, apparently that was not just the case here :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:rofl:

F3SzkNdagAAa4eL?format=jpg&name=large

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Laurance is cooked, but Milesi is acting as a perfect teammate in trying to keep the chasers away :d 

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I swear he has a French passport secretly, it's the only way in which his riding today would make sense (as a teammate of Laurance).

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

yeah, very opportunistic and senseless style of ride... but, yeah, anyway...

obviously I watched in our TV, but I wonder how other commentators spelled Svrček´s name, I imagine it can be a nice one vowel tongue twister  :p

I only watched the last 20 kms or so, but I don't think that it was Milesi's fault for not chasing properly the Frenchman

apart for the fact that he was also cooked in the last couple of laps (at least, that's what he said), imho it was the Portuguese and above all the Briton that didn't race a single meter in front of the chasing group, it was always Milesi and Svrcek (and a solo attempt by the German, who was also quite out of shape in the final kms and in fact he was caught quickly when he tried to escape)

if Svrcek was so strong in the final lap, why he didn't try to escape by himself?

imho, Milesi was even too honest trying to keep the small group going together with the Slovak, he shouldn't have gone a single meter in front given what the guys from POR and GBR did :bones:

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

I only watched the last 20 kms or so, but I don't think that it was Milesi's fault for not chasing properly the Frenchman

apart for the fact that he was also cooked in the last couple of laps (at least, that's what he said), imho it was the Portuguese and above all the Briton that didn't race a single meter in front of the chasing group, it was always Milesi and Svrcek (and a solo attempt by the German, who was also quite out of shape in the final kms and in fact he was caught quickly when he tried to escape)

if Svrcek was so strong in the final lap, why he didn't try to escape by himself?

imho, Milesi was even too honest trying to keep the small group going together with the Slovak, he shouldn't have gone a single meter in front given what the guys from POR and GBR did :bones:

Riding for 2nd place rather for the win is for me incomprehensible attitude, sorry. He did everything to prevent anyone chasing the leader and he did it in a fantastic way just tofinish still out of medals. Complete idiot.

Daily update, frist points for Sweden, Macao and Romania meanwhile Honk Kong joins the medal table. 

Medal Table After Day 9

:GBR 11-03-08 [22]

:GER 06-06-05 [17]

:NED 05-03-01 [09]

:BEL 05-01-03 [09]

:USA 05-00-02 [07] 

:SUI 04-01-03 [08] 

:FRA 03-08-07 [18]

:NZL 03-02-05 [10]

:ESP 02-03-03 [08]

:AUT 02-02-01 [05]

:ITA 01-03-02 [06]

:JPN 01-02-04 [07]

:DEN 01-01-01 [03]

:COL 01-01-00 [02]

:BRA 01-01-00 [02]

:POR 01-00-00 [01] 

:AUS 00-08-01 [09]

:CHN 00-01-02 [02]

:CAN 00-01-01 [02]

:RSA 00-01-00 [01]

:IRL 00-01-00 [01]

:CZE 00-01-00 [01]

:TTO 00-01-00 [01]

:NOR 00-01-00 [01]

:SLO 00-00-02 [02]

:HKG 00-00-01 [01]

Points Table After Day 9

:GBR 252

:FRA 206

:GER 181

:NED 130

:AUS 105

:BEL 100

:SUI 96

:ITA 89

:NZL 84

:USA 82

:JPN 78

:ESP 78

:AUT 50

:DEN 46

:CHN 42

:CAN 40

:POL 24

:POR 20

:RSA 18

:HKG 16

:BRA 15

:COL 15

:HUN 14

:CZE 13

:SLO 12

:IRL 9

:NOR 8

:TTO 6

:BIH 5

:ROU 4

:FIN 4

:CRO 4

:LAT 4

:MEX 3

:LTU 3

:SVK 3

:MAC 3

:NAM 2

:SWE 2

Tomorrow Elite Finals (7)

• Cycleball - Women's 
  • Cycleball - Men's 
  • Artistic Cycling - ACT 4 
  • Artistic Cycling - Women's 
  • BMX Racing - Men's 
  • BMX Racing - Women's 
  • Road - Women's Road Race

I was wondering how the Cycling Worlds medal table looks like in the Olympic events, so here it is:

After 19 out of 22 Olympic events

:GBR 5-2-2

:NED 4-0-1

:USA 3-0-1

:NZL 1-3-3

:FRA 1-2-3

:BEL 1-1-1

:GER 1-1-1

:COL 1-1-0

:DEN 1-1-0

:POR 1-0-0

:AUS 0-4-0

:ITA 0-2-0

:CHN 0-1-2

:TTO 0-1-0

:JPN 0-0-2

:AUT 0-0-1

:SLO 0-0-1

:SUI 0-0-1

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Milesi was all the time basically actively trying to stop the chase from happening. Slovak guy tried to up the pace? Milesi came riding in such a way that it didn't work. German starting to try and increase the pace? Milesi was there to stop him. Morgado and Rootkin-Gray definitely didn't deserve much of a beauty price for their riding neither, but Milesi's riding today was the definition of cowardly racing (he started with that way before 20km already).

Of course that whole group just messed up massively, but none had the same portion of poor riding as Milesi did. It's all good, I do think Laurance was the strongest in the race - not surprisingly, considering he is basically a full pro - and Milesi simply helped make sure Laurance would win :p 

Edited by heywoodu

The women have barely entered the local lap and already an attack with the two big favourites (Vollering and Kopecky) both in it :d