website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Summer Olympics without Sun? I don't think that's possible. :yikes:

Terrible wordplay jokes like this can get you disqualified.

Spoiler

You better take doping and destroy your blood samples, that's fine.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Especially when you compare it to the men's side, it's hard to say its from management, maybe we got very lucky.

Lucky with what? You produce new talents out of nowhere every year, it's not like you got lucky with 1 or 2 generational talents like Sweden with Sjöstrom or Hungary with Hosszu.

I am always skeptical when a nation is much stronger on the women's side in endurance sports, used to be the same with the GDR and chinese women in swimming/middle distance running in the early 90's.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

or maybe competition in women's side is just more open than men 

While true, that doesn't explain why the men can't even make it out of the heats while the women are winning medals. Swimming isn't that deep in talent.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Or next year's Olympics, also without Sun if justice prevails :p 

Being from the same country as Meilutytė, I have trust issues in expecting good results from athletes, just because they're performing well now. That's why I'm more hopeful with the ECH, seeing as China, Japan, Australia are not going to be present and that should give enough leverage for Danas to get a medal even if he is underperforming in 2020 season :d

Not going to speculate too much about the Olympics until I see that Spring form :d

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

image.png

You "lost" 4 gold medals in fencing compared to 2018, but at this rate you are gonne make it up in swimming ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Lucky with what? You produce new talents out of nowhere every year, it's not like you got lucky with 1 or 2 generational talents like Sweden with Sjöstrom or Hungary with Hosszu.

I am always skeptical when a nation is much stronger on the women's side in endurance sports, used to be the same with the GDR and chinese women in swimming/middle distance running in the early 90's.

100m is endurance now?

18 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Could someone please tell me why Canada got so freakishly strong in women's swimming (apart from hiring a great coach)?

Great facility ? Most of the team is centralized at the Toronto Pan Am Centre. The men are not.

22 minutes ago, phelps said:

do you remember Kazan 2015?

he knocked a Brazilian female swimmer out on the side of the training pool only because she didn't make room for him to walk through...:evil::facepalm:

and this was the most dramatic but not the only time he was involved in some rough situations...

To be honest, i dont recall that particular detail. 

So, we need someone like Ibrahimovic to put him on the place he deserves. :)

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

100m is endurance now?

The comparison in athletics would be 400 m and we all know how dirty the 400 m was historically.