website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2019

phelps

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

Do all people in Italy always have objections and everything is always negative? 

Nobody:

Italian guys on site: THIS IS DISASTER REALLLY! Yes we won, but hey it is still not good.

Calm down people, just without tension, your team won, you have chance for medal and it is only important.

as an Italian fan, I'm more than happy because I didn't expect these girls going so well in this tournament...

as a fencing lover, I can't close my eyes and not look at what actually happened on the piste...it's not a question of being positive or negative...it's just analyzing the bout trying not to get influenced by my personal sympathy...

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You probably don't realize how successful Italian fencing is ;) Getting "a medal" is simply not good enough.

in the Foil events, no, a medal is not enough...actually, a gold medal alone is not enough...

in the other weapons, a medal is enough, sometimes it's even "great"...provided you lose against stronger opponents and not because your mind has gone elsewhere in the key moments, wasting chances you normally don't get...

Edited by phelps

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

Lol Yakimenko is not in form at all. Maybe that was not good choice for Russia. I'm not sure that they have chance for quota in men's team sabre.

yeah, they will get it, finally (ITA, GER and HUN will qualify through the World Ranking, Russia will be easily the best European team outside the top 4 in the world)...

after the bad result here in Budapest, France is almost out of contention...the other European teams are just chanceless...and USA and Iran would need more than a miracle to make the top 4 and keep one of the big 3 Europeans out of the top 4, leaving the Russian home next year)...

Just now, phelps said:

yeah, they will get it, finally (ITA, GER and HUN will qualify through the World Ranking, Russia will be easily the best European team outside the top 4 in the world)...

after the bad result here in Budapest, France is almost out of contention...the other European teams are just chanceless...and USA and Iran would need more than a miracle to make the top 4 and keep one of the big 3 Europeans out of the top 4, leaving the Russian home next year)...

Thanks. But Romania and Georgia disaster today :facepalm:

Just now, dareza said:

Thanks. But Romania and Georgia disaster today :facepalm:

moreover...since there won't be any African team in the top 16, probably even France or Romania (or maybe China, who knows?) will be able to take advantage of that free spot Africa will leave on the table...

we'll see the updated rankings later, but I think men's team sabre is one of the least complicated questions in terms of Olympic qualification...