website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

I see that nobody here didn't mention yet anything about prequel of Game of Thrones, the House of the Dragon. I watched both episodes (the third episode will air in 3 hours) and I'm enjoying of that almost as much as I enjoyed GoT, what are your opinions of that serie?

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

I see that nobody here didn't mention yet anything about prequel of Game of Thrones, the House of the Dragon. I watched both episodes (the third episode will air in 3 hours) and I'm enjoying of that almost as much as I enjoyed GoT, what are your opinions of that serie?

I haven’t gotten around to watching it properly yet, but I’ve seen some clips and it’s seems like a solid production at the least. I read there’s a time jump coming up, where some of the actors will change, so might be wise to reserve opinions until after that…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, rybak said:

After two episodes: so far, so good :cheer: 

Fun to see all kinds of well-known names appearing, even if so far they only have minimum roles and are basically just mentioned in passing.

Spoiler

Like Baratheon or Dondarrion.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, rybak said:

never watched Game Of Thrones and will never do it.

same with this one, of course.

I just don't like this kind of fantasy saga movies/tv series...:dunno:

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, rybak said:

The actor Robbie Coltrane who played Rubues Hagrid in Harry Potter serie sadly passes away at age of 72 :(

He used to restore vintage classic cars as a hobby. When I lived in Glasgow in the 80s I saw him driving around in them a few times.

If you have Netflix, check out if you have new Polish series HIGH WATER available in your country.

Probably the best Polish series for years, I guess. Strongly recommend it.

The previous one as good as that was HBO series Wataha (The Pack). This one you should watch as well.

• 3 weeks later...