website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

I wonder if that's going to be one of those racing films where every onboard shot results in the driver shifting up again and the engine going "broooooom" even louder with every shift until they're going at presumably 600 kilometer per hour in the 28th gear :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

It's a historic day today, as for the first time since 1980, that actors in Hollywood are on a strike (and deservedly so!! ). Even more pivotal is that it the first time that both actors and writers are on strike since 1960. All productions on US soil are shutting down for the foreseeable future and we will see how this affects the International stage. 

I've read some of the demands and it's all very logical. These big corporations, especially the new tech companies, think they are invincible and can boss around the people. There is only so much time to watch movies and shows, so the strike is actually welcomed from my point of view. I have stuff from all the past few decades, that i've wanted to watch. 

Edited by Federer91

• 2 weeks later...

Barbie movie will hopefully get some nods when awards season comes around. It’s Gerwig at her best.

I was going to pull a Barbenhiemer, but five hours of film back-to-back is a little much for me. Oppenheimer will have to wait for now.

Edit: Oppenheimer was very good. I saw it IMAX, though the sound could have been taken down a notch.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone else watch The Chosen One on Netflix? It screams Stranger Things meets Mexican folklore, but with a spirituality/religious conflict at the center. I imagine it will be somewhat controversial given the subject matter, but honestly it’s worth a watch for the artistic direction alone.

Apple TV’s Invasion and Netflix’s Ragnarok are also dropping new seasons this week. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 8/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Netflix’s Ragnarok

They did NOT stick the landing on this one. The season started out okay, but the last few episodes were confusing and rushed. Too bad.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I go back to Frank Pemberton in Homicide: Life on the Street, which I still think was pretty much the best acting ever done on TV.  Sadly, there are some stupid legal complications which prevent that all-time great cop show from being streamed.