website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Obviously not my dream list, but it isn’t terrible either. 

Other than Io Capitano (which is one of my lowest rated films this year), I’m happy with the international feature nominations as well. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have recommendations to watch before the upcoming Goya Awards? 

I’ve already seen 20,000 Species and Society of the Snow. Close Your Eyes and Robot Dreams are on my list to watch. I’m oblivious to everything else (other than the International films) or ignored them due to mixed reviews. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I love Sanremo Festival and all, but whoever thought, having 5-6 hour evenings is a good idea, is a wackjob. I don't know who has the energy to sit and watch the performances from 8:30 to 1-2 in the morning.. It's absurd. There should be 20 acts and have a 3-4 hours shows.

I finally got around to watching We Dare To Dream, a feature length documentary about some of the refugee athletes at Tokyo 2020. The documentary is pretty much what I feel most of us would expect from a film like this. It provided a some background on the selected athletes, included some behind-the-scenes footage, and detailed their progress at the Olympics. It was pretty well produced, even if didn’t go very deep into the refugee crisis or emotions of the athletes themselves. 

Of note, it was directed by Waad al-Kateab, who produced/directed/filmed the critically acclaimed documentary For Sama. Angelina Jolie and John Legend were also credited as Executive Producers.

• 4 weeks later...

Here with my annual Oscar predictions post. After some good results, last year I only correctly predicted 17/23 winners, which was my worst result in a long time. This year I'm also not sure about some categories, although 'Oppenheimer' is guaranteed to win Best Picture and at least 7 (8?) Oscars in total. I hope we have some surprises, but I think this will be another boring ceremony. I watched all the nominated films except for 'The Boy and the Heron' and 'Godzilla Minus One', which are not yet available on streaming/VOD.

["will win" is my prediction / "could win" is my alternate prediction / "should win" is my personal ranking from what I've watched / "shoud have been nominated" is a way to remember other notable work].

Spoiler

Best Picture

WILL WIN: Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Poor Things

SHOULD WIN: 1. Past Lives; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Oppenheimer; 4. The Zone of Interest; 5. Poor Things; 6. Barbie; 7. Killers of the Flower Moon; 8. The Holdovers; 9. Maestro; 10. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Monster

Directing

WILL WIN: Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan; 2. Anatomy of a Fall, Justine Triet; 3. The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer; 4. Poor Things, Yorgos Lanthimos; 5. Killers of the Flower Moon, Martin Scorsese.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: May December, Todd Haynes

Actor in a Leading Role

WILL WIN: Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers

SHOULD WIN: 1. Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers; 2. Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer; 3. Bradley Cooper, Maestro; 4. Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction; 5. Colman Domingo, Rustin.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Andrew Scott, All of Us Strangers

Actress in a Leading Role

WILL WIN: Emma Stone, Poor Things

COULD WIN: Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon

SHOULD WIN: 1. Sandra Hüller, Anatomy of a Fall; 2. Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon; 3. Emma Stone, Poor Things; 4. Annette Bening, Nyad; 5. Carey Mulligan, Maestro.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Greta Lee, Past Lives

Actor in a Supporting Role

WILL WIN: Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Ryan Gosling, Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. Ryan Gosling, Barbie; 2. Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer; 3. Mark Ruffalo, Poor Things; 4. Sterling K. Brown, American Fiction; 5. Robert De Niro, Killers of the Flower Moon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Charles Melton, May December

Actress in a Supporting Role

WILL WIN: Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers

COULD WIN: Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers; 2. America Ferrera, Barbie; 3. Jodie Foster, Nyad; 4. Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer; 5. Danielle Brooks, The Color Purple.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Rachel McAdams, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

Writing (Adapted Screenplay)

WILL WIN: American Fiction

COULD WIN: Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. The Zone of Interest; 3. Barbie; 4. Poor Things; 5. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Society of the Snow

Writing (Original Screenplay)

WILL WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

COULD WIN: The Holdovers

SHOULD WIN: 1. Anatomy of a Fall; 2. Past Lives; 3. May December; 4. The Holdovers; 5. Maestro.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Perfect Days

Animated Feature Film

WILL WIN: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

COULD WIN: The Boy and the Heron

SHOULD WIN: 1. Robot Dreams; 2. Nimona; 3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse; 4. Elemental; Not watched: The Boy and the Heron.

Documentary Feature

WILL WIN: 20 Days in Mariupol

COULD WIN: Four Daughters

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Eternal Memory; 2. Four Daughters; 3. 20 Days in Mariupol; 4. To Kill a Tiger; 5. Bobi Wine: The People's President.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Kokomo City

International Feature Film

WILL WIN: The Zone of Interest (Great Britain)

COULD WIN: Society of the Snow (Spain)

SHOULD WIN: 1. Perfect Days (Japan); 2. Society of the Snow (Spain); 3. The Zone of Interest (Great Britain); 4. Io Capitano (Italy); 5. The Teachers' Lounge (Germany).

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Monster (Japan).

Cinematography

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Killers of the Flower Moon; 5. El Conde.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Zone of Interest

Film Editing

COULD WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Poor Things; 4. Killers of the Flower Moon; 5. The Holdovers.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Killer

Costume Design

WILL WIN: Barbie

COULD WIN: Poor Things

SHOULD WIN: 1. Barbie; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Priscilla

Production Design

SHOULD WIN: 1. Poor Things; 2. Barbie; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Saltburn

Makeup and Hairstyling

WILL WIN: Maestro

SHOULD WIN: 1. Society of the Snow; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Golda.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Music (Original Score)

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny; 5. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Past LivesSociety of the Snow

Music (Original Song)

WILL WIN: "What Was I Made For?", Barbie

COULD WIN: "I'm Just Ken", Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. "What Was I Made For?", Barbie; 2. "I'm Just Ken", Barbie; 3. "Wahzhazhe (A Song for My People)", Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. "The Fire Inside", Flamin' Hot; 5. "It Never Went Away", American Symphony.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: "Camp Isn't Home", Theater Camp / "A World of Your Own", Wonka

Sound

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Zone of Interest; 2. Oppenheimer; 3. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning; 4. The Creator; 5. Maestro.

Visual Effects

WILL WIN: Godzilla Minus One

COULD WIN: The Creator

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Creator; 2. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning; 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; 4. Napoleon. Not watched: Godzilla Minus One.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Society of the Snow

Short Film (Animated)

WILL WIN: War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko

COULD WIN: Letter to a Pig

SHOULD WIN: 1. Pachyderme; 2. Ninety-Five Senses; 3. Our Uniform; 4. Letter to a Pig; 5. War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko.

Short Film (Documentary)

WILL WIN: The ABCs of Book Banning

COULD WIN: The Last Repair Shop

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Last Repair Shop; 2. Nǎi Nai & Wài Pó; 3. Island in Between; 4. The Barber of Little Rock; 5. The ABCs of Book Banning.

Short Film (Live Action)

WILL WIN: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

COULD WIN: Red, White and Blue

SHOULD WIN: 1. Invincible; 2. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar; 3. Knight of Fortune; 4. Red, White and Blue; 5. The After.

If I was a Oscar voter, this would be my top 10 (alphabetic order):

Anatomy of a Fall

The Killer
May December

Monster

Of an Age

Oppenheimer

Past Lives

Perfect Days

Robot Dreams

Society of the Snow

Special Citation (Documentary):
The Eternal Memory

Still have a lot to watch, especially international movies. Now that Oscar season is over, I'll try to catch up. Some of the films in my watchlist include: The Boy and the Heron, Close Your Eyes, The Delinquents, The Goldman Case, Green Border, La Chimera, Menus Plaisirs - Les Troisgros, The Missing, Origin, The Taste of Things, Tótem.

Spoiler

Great Performances:

Andrew Scott, All of Us Strangers
Ben Whishaw, Passages
Catalina Saavedra, Rotting in the Sun
Charles Melton, May December
Greta Lee, Past Lives
Koji Yakusho, Perfect Days
Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon
Natalie Portman, May December
Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers
Paul Mescal, All of Us Strangers
Rachel McAdams, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.
Sandra Hüller, Anatomy of a Fall
Seydou Sarr, Io Capitano
Teo Yoo, Past Lives
Teyana Taylor, A Thousand and One

Strong possiblity I was waiting for @vinipereira to post his picks/predicrtions, so I could burrow/steal his formatting. Anyway, here's my Oscar thoughts:

Spoiler

Best Picture

WILL WIN: Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest

SHOULD WIN: 1. Past Lives; 2. Oppenheimer; 3. Poor Things; 4. Anatomy of A Fall; 5. The Zone of Interest; 6. The Holdovers; 7. Barbie; 8. American Fiction; 9. Maestro; 10. Killers of The Flower Moon

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Teacher's Lounge, Society of the Snow, Rye Lane, Earth Mama, Monster

Directing

WILL WIN: Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan; 2. The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer; 3. Anatomy of a Fall, Justine Triet; 4. Poor Things, Yorgos Lanthimos; 5. Killers of the Flower Moon, Martin Scorsese.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Society of the Snow, J. A. Bayona

Actor in a Leading Role

WILL WIN: Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers

SHOULD WIN: 1. Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer; 2. Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers; 3. Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction; 4. Bradley Cooper, Maestro; 5. Colman Domingo, Rustin.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Josh O'Connor, La Chimera; Franz Rogowski, Passages

WILL WIN: Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon

COULD WIN: Emma Stone, Poor Things

SHOULD WIN: 1. Emma Stone, Poor Things; 2. Sandra Hüller, Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Annette Bening, Nyad; 4. Carey Mulligan, Maestro (not sure if this should be a leading performance); 5. Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon (It's a terrific performance, but this is a supporting performance in my opinion)

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Leonie Benesch, The Teacher's Lounge; Tia Nomore, Earth Mama

WILL WIN: Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Ryan Gosling, Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. Ryan Gosling, Barbie; 2. Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer; 3. Mark Ruffalo, Poor Things; 4. Sterling K. Brown, American Fiction; 5. Robert De Niro, Killers of the Flower Moon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Mateo García Elizondo, Tōtem

WILL WIN: Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers

COULD WIN: Jodie Foster, Nyad 

SHOULD WIN: 1. Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers; 2. Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer; 3. Jodie Foster, Nyad; 4. America Ferrera, Barbie; 5. Danielle Brooks, The Color Purple (I will watch this movie before the ceoremony, so this ranking may change)

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Carol Duarte, La Chimera

WILL WIN: American Fiction

COULD WIN: Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Zone of Interest; 2. Poor Things; 3. Oppenheimer; 4. American Fiction; 5. Barbie

WILL WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

COULD WIN: Past Lives

SHOULD WIN: 1. Past Lives; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. The Holdovers; 4. May December; 5. Maestro.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Teacher's Lounge

Animated Feature Film

WILL WIN: The Boy and the Heron

COULD WIN: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

SHOULD WIN: 1. Robot Dreams; 2. Nimona; 3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse; 4. Elemental; Not watched: The Boy and the Heron.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Peasants

Documentary Feature

WILL WIN: 20 Days in Mariupol

COULD WIN: Four Daughters

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Eternal Memory; 2. Four Daughters; 3. 20 Days in Mariupol; 4. To Kill a Tiger; 5. Bobi Wine: The People's President.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Smoke Sauna Sisterhood, Kokomo City

WILL WIN: The Zone of Interest (Great Britain)

COULD WIN: Io Capitano (Italy)

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Teachers' Lounge (Germany); 2. Society of the Snow (Spain); 3. The Zone of Interest (Great Britain); 4. Perfect Days (Japan); 5. Io Capitano (Italy)

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Fallen Leaves (Finland), Monster (Japan)

Cinematography

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Killers of the Flower Moon; 5. El Conde.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: All Dirt Roads Taste of Salt

Film Editing

COULD WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Poor Things; 4. The Holdovers; 5. Killers of The Flower Moon

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: 

Costume Design

WILL WIN: Poor Things

COULD WIN: Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. Barbie; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; Not Watched: Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Priscilla

Production Design

WILL WIN: Poor Things

COULD WIN: Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. Barbie; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; Not Watched: Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Saltburn, The Mother of All Lies

Makeup and Hairstyling

WILL WIN: Maestro

SHOULD WIN: 1. Society of the Snow; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Oppenheimer; Not Watched: Golda.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, Mami Wata

Music (Original Score)

SHOULD WIN: 1. Poor Things; 2. Oppenheimer; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. American Fiction; Not Watched: Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Zone of InterestThe Peasants 

Music (Original Song)

WILL WIN: "What Was I Made For?", Barbie

COULD WIN: "I'm Just Ken", Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. "What Was I Made For?", Barbie; 2. "I'm Just Ken", Barbie; 3. "Wahzhazhe (A Song for My People)", Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. "It Never Went Away", American Symphony; 5. "The Fire Inside", Flamin' Hot

Sound

WILL WIN: The Zone of Interest

COULD WIN: Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Zone of Interest; 2. Oppenheimer; 3. Maestro; 4. The Creator; Not Watched: Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Killer

Visual Effects

WILL WIN: Godzilla Minus One

COULD WIN: The Creator

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Creator; 2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3;. Not watched: Godzilla Minus One; Napoleon; Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning

Short Film (Animated)

WILL WIN: War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko

COULD WIN: Ninety-Five Senses

SHOULD WIN: 1. Pachyderme; 2. Ninety-Five Senses; 3. Our Uniform; 4. Letter to a Pig; 5. War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Wild Summon

Short Film (Documentary)

WILL WIN: The ABCs of Book Banning

COULD WIN: The Last Repair Shop

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Last Repair Shop; 2. Nǎi Nai & Wài Pó; 3. Island in Between; 4. The Barber of Little Rock; 5. The ABCs of Book Banning.

Short Film (Live Action)

WILL WIN: Red, White and Blue

COULD WIN: Red, White and Blue

SHOULD WIN: 1. Knight of Fortune; 2. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar; 3. Invincible; 4. Red, White and Blue; 5. The After.

3 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Special Citation (Documentary):
The Eternal Memory

I will be overjoyed if this beautiful film wins in the documentary category. It hit me really hard as someone who worked as journalist and believes there's value in saving vital information. I thought it was edited and composed so well.

9 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Here with my annual Oscar predictions post. After some good results, last year I only correctly predicted 17/23 winners, which was my worst result in a long time. This year I'm also not sure about some categories, although 'Oppenheimer' is guaranteed to win Best Picture and at least 7 (8?) Oscars in total. I hope we have some surprises, but I think this will be another boring ceremony. I watched all the nominated films except for 'The Boy and the Heron' and 'Godzilla Minus One', which are not yet available on streaming/VOD.

["will win" is my prediction / "could win" is my alternate prediction / "should win" is my personal ranking from what I've watched / "shoud have been nominated" is a way to remember other notable work].

Hide contents

Best Picture

SHOULD WIN: 1. Past Lives; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Oppenheimer; 4. The Zone of Interest; 5. Poor Things; 6. Barbie; 7. Killers of the Flower Moon; 8. The Holdovers; 9. Maestro; 10. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Monster

Directing

WILL WIN: Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer, Christopher Nolan; 2. Anatomy of a Fall, Justine Triet; 3. The Zone of Interest, Jonathan Glazer; 4. Poor Things, Yorgos Lanthimos; 5. Killers of the Flower Moon, Martin Scorsese.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: May December, Todd Haynes

Actor in a Leading Role

WILL WIN: Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers

SHOULD WIN: 1. Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers; 2. Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer; 3. Bradley Cooper, Maestro; 4. Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction; 5. Colman Domingo, Rustin.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Andrew Scott, All of Us Strangers

WILL WIN: Emma Stone, Poor Things

COULD WIN: Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon

SHOULD WIN: 1. Sandra Hüller, Anatomy of a Fall; 2. Lily Gladstone, Killers of the Flower Moon; 3. Emma Stone, Poor Things; 4. Annette Bening, Nyad; 5. Carey Mulligan, Maestro.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Greta Lee, Past Lives

WILL WIN: Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer

COULD WIN: Ryan Gosling, Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. Ryan Gosling, Barbie; 2. Robert Downey Jr., Oppenheimer; 3. Mark Ruffalo, Poor Things; 4. Sterling K. Brown, American Fiction; 5. Robert De Niro, Killers of the Flower Moon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Charles Melton, May December

WILL WIN: Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers

COULD WIN: Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Da'Vine Joy Randolph, The Holdovers; 2. America Ferrera, Barbie; 3. Jodie Foster, Nyad; 4. Emily Blunt, Oppenheimer; 5. Danielle Brooks, The Color Purple.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Rachel McAdams, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

WILL WIN: American Fiction

COULD WIN: Oppenheimer

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. The Zone of Interest; 3. Barbie; 4. Poor Things; 5. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Society of the Snow

WILL WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

COULD WIN: The Holdovers

SHOULD WIN: 1. Anatomy of a Fall; 2. Past Lives; 3. May December; 4. The Holdovers; 5. Maestro.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Perfect Days

Animated Feature Film

WILL WIN: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

COULD WIN: The Boy and the Heron

SHOULD WIN: 1. Robot Dreams; 2. Nimona; 3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse; 4. Elemental; Not watched: The Boy and the Heron.

Documentary Feature

WILL WIN: 20 Days in Mariupol

COULD WIN: Four Daughters

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Eternal Memory; 2. Four Daughters; 3. 20 Days in Mariupol; 4. To Kill a Tiger; 5. Bobi Wine: The People's President.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Kokomo City

WILL WIN: The Zone of Interest (Great Britain)

COULD WIN: Society of the Snow (Spain)

SHOULD WIN: 1. Perfect Days (Japan); 2. Society of the Snow (Spain); 3. The Zone of Interest (Great Britain); 4. Io Capitano (Italy); 5. The Teachers' Lounge (Germany).

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Monster (Japan).

Cinematography

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Killers of the Flower Moon; 5. El Conde.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: The Zone of Interest

Film Editing

COULD WIN: Anatomy of a Fall

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Anatomy of a Fall; 3. Poor Things; 4. Killers of the Flower Moon; 5. The Holdovers.

Costume Design

SHOULD WIN: 1. Barbie; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Priscilla

Production Design

SHOULD WIN: 1. Poor Things; 2. Barbie; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Napoleon.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Saltburn

Makeup and Hairstyling

WILL WIN: Maestro

SHOULD WIN: 1. Society of the Snow; 2. Poor Things; 3. Maestro; 4. Oppenheimer; 5. Golda.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Music (Original Score)

SHOULD WIN: 1. Oppenheimer; 2. Poor Things; 3. Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny; 5. American Fiction.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: Past LivesSociety of the Snow

Music (Original Song)

WILL WIN: "What Was I Made For?", Barbie

COULD WIN: "I'm Just Ken", Barbie

SHOULD WIN: 1. "What Was I Made For?", Barbie; 2. "I'm Just Ken", Barbie; 3. "Wahzhazhe (A Song for My People)", Killers of the Flower Moon; 4. "The Fire Inside", Flamin' Hot; 5. "It Never Went Away", American Symphony.

SHOULD HAVE BEEN NOMINATED: "Camp Isn't Home", Theater Camp / "A World of Your Own", Wonka

Sound

COULD WIN: The Zone of Interest

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Zone of Interest; 2. Oppenheimer; 3. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning; 4. The Creator; 5. Maestro.

Visual Effects

WILL WIN: Godzilla Minus One

COULD WIN: The Creator

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Creator; 2. Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning; 3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3; 4. Napoleon. Not watched: Godzilla Minus One.

Short Film (Animated)

WILL WIN: War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko

COULD WIN: Letter to a Pig

SHOULD WIN: 1. Pachyderme; 2. Ninety-Five Senses; 3. Our Uniform; 4. Letter to a Pig; 5. War is Over! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko.

Short Film (Documentary)

WILL WIN: The ABCs of Book Banning

COULD WIN: The Last Repair Shop

SHOULD WIN: 1. The Last Repair Shop; 2. Nǎi Nai & Wài Pó; 3. Island in Between; 4. The Barber of Little Rock; 5. The ABCs of Book Banning.

Short Film (Live Action)

WILL WIN: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

COULD WIN: Red, White and Blue

SHOULD WIN: 1. Invincible; 2. The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar; 3. Knight of Fortune; 4. Red, White and Blue; 5. The After.

Out of curiousity I thought I'd check if there's nice betting options there, but other than Best Production Design, all of the 'Will win' options are the betting favourites as well, too bad :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!