website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Oscars’ shortlists have been published for 10 categories: https://aframe.oscars.org/news/post/96th-oscars-shortlists?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-theacademy&utm_content=later-40025166&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

I’m still making my way through the festival hits, but I’d say this is a pretty good year in film. There’s a not insignificant chance that more than one foreign film (maybe even three) and more than one animated film get nominated for best picture, which would be neat. 

I’ll post my full thoughts on the season in the a few weeks. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Any recommendations on sports related movies in Netflix to watch during the holiday period ? 
Happy holidays everyone ! 

Gran Torino (the e-racing inspired movie) recently came out on Netflix in the US. Race (the Jesse Owens film) is on Netflix (at least in the US). Rush (Nikki Lauda story) is available too. Unbroken is also on Netflix (in the US) at the moment. The Grizzlies (it's about lacrosse in a remote village) is another option. The Redeem Team (2008 USA basketball team documentary) is also available. Field of Dreams (baseball themed drama) is also on there. 

The Swimmers (Mardini bio-pic) was good enough in my opinion. It's another option.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

If you use Netflix, you can check if a new Polish comedy series called "1670" is available in your country.

I must say i generally like this kind of absurd humour and this series is a proof than Poles can laugh at themselves, harder than anyone.

Not everyone likes this series here in Poland, opinions are divided but i do recommend it. It is so hard to find a good comedy these days.

4 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

If you use Netflix, you can check if a new Polish comedy series called "1670" is available in your country.

I must say i generally like this kind of absurd humour and this series is a proof than Poles can laugh at themselves, harder than anyone.

Not everyone likes this series here in Poland, opinions are divided but i do recommend it. It is so hard to find a good comedy these days.

I saw the series a few days ago, I honestly recommend it if you appreciate the genre. The jokes are very nice, with the medieval setting but with current themes (patriarchy, innovation, climate change)

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I saw the series a few days ago, I honestly recommend it if you appreciate the genre. The jokes are very nice, with the medieval setting but with current themes (patriarchy, innovation, climate change)

And the leading role actor - Bartłomiej Topa - is one of the best Polish actors these days imo.

You can watch another Polish series with him - "Wataha" on HBO, sth totally different, not a comedy at all but it is even much better than 1670.

5 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Is it kind of like Norsemen, then? There’s still scenes from that series I quote in daily life.