website statistics

Totallympics Awards 2022

vinipereira

SECOND STAGE OF VOTING

VOTE.png

Voting for the 2022 Totallympics Awards winners is open (click the image above).

All Totallympics members can vote, including those who didn't vote in the first stage.

• Before voting, don't forget to include your Totallympics' username. The list of voters will be updated here.

• For each category, you can rank a maximum of three nominees of your preference, following the order:

#1 (20 points)

#2 (10 points)

#3 (5 points)

• You don't have to rank 3 nominees. You can rank 2 or simply pick only one (20 points) per category;

• You don't have to vote in all categories, only the ones you want. Votes can be edited until the deadline.

Voters have until Friday, January 6th to vote. Please contact me if you have any questions.

I've sent in my preliminary votes, but one remark: it'd be nice if the nominees for specifically the Olympic Spirit Award have a bit of extra info...like, specifically what makes them be special in regards to the Olympic Spirit?

Example: I like Iivo Niskanen, but I don't really remember what special thing he did other than competing that would make me vote for him :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I've sent in my preliminary votes, but one remark: it'd be nice if the nominees for specifically the Olympic Spirit Award have a bit of extra info...like, specifically what makes them be special in regards to the Olympic Spirit?

Example: I like Iivo Niskanen, but I don't really remember what special thing he did other than competing that would make me vote for him :p 

I do believe it was because of this

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's not that easy in some cases because people often vote just for the athlete (without further explanation), and sometimes they explain the reasoning behind the vote (also citing different things, for the same athlete). But in general, based on what people said:

:CAN Mixed Team: unexpected medal in Ski Jumping, the first ever for the nation in this sport.

:FIN Iivo Niskanen: waited to congratulate the last-place skier.

:ITA Sofia Goggia: injured, won a silver medal.

:NED Kai Verbij: sacrificed his medal chances, preventing a crash with his opponent.

:USA Brittany Bowe: gave up spot for teammate Erin Jackson, who ended up winning gold.

:USA Lindsey Jacobellis: won gold after many failed attempts.

41 minutes ago, justony said:

No Slovenian 🤔😔😄

Kristjan Čeh

Luka Dončić

Tadej Pogačar

They might have had a chance to be in if you had voted, who knows :p 

And don't forget there's just a handful of spots available, when we are here usually looking at dozens of sports. There's absolutely going to be dozens and dozens of names not making it, with some people thinking they should have made it :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!