website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

Well, I thought tonight I could catch some zʻs (not live on three hours of sleep for three days in a row) and check out the highlights the next morning, but holy crap! I missed a lot.

Happy for :CZE to get the win. They are a team nobody can dislike.

:CUB finally figured it out. And now with :TPE in charge against :ITA, Pool A is a total scramble.

Sad to see :KOR drop to 0-2. I follow the KBO, so they were my "second favorite" in the tournament.

8 games on the schedule tomorrow!

expected rebound effect for :ITA vs the Host Nation of pool A :cry: :nopompom:

as I wrote quite some time ago, we're too weak on the mound...we used the only 2/3 good pitchers we have yesterday vs :CUB and Today we paid the prize.

the only decent performance came from Stephen Woods (should I write Giuffrè -his real Family Name, Woods is just the Family Name of the man who adopted his father, a true Sicilian guy- when he went to live in the States), who still gave away a 2-run HR on one of his last few pitches.

Castellani, Biagini and Marciano just unwatchable, especially Biagini should be named a traitor :facepalm:

tbh, this :TPE team is nothing special...I consider today's loss a truly wasted chance to build a great tournament for us.

on the other side, great show in Tokyo, with :KOR starting strong against Darvish, but after some sleepy early innings, :JPN showed why they are the favourites to win it all.

now :KOR are basically already on the plane coming back to Seoul, unless :AUS decide to commit suicide vs weaker teams like :CHN and :CZE.