website statistics

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023

Totallympics

Upset complete! :AUS Australia wins!

:KOR Korea in huge trouble now. If all 3 of Australia, Japan, and Korea win their games against the Czech Republic and China, then Korea would basically have to beat Japan to advance which will be anything but easy.

Two results I definitely didn’t expect to start off the day though. What a start to the tournament!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

I added to that to see what reaction it would get. I didn't expect you to leave my side though.:(

There were 27 hits, 11 walks, and 5 pitching changes during an inning which caused the game to run on, but sometimes baseball games last a while.

yes, I have nothing against Baseball games going long when they're exciting, especially in the late innings.

but it wasn't the case of yesterday's match...too many stints of boring non-action to appreciate it.

:KOR vs :AUS game earlier this morning was just on another scale (and I don't mind that going on for almost 4 hours).

p.s. the main feeling was the difference going from MLB Spring training (with pitch clock) to WBC (with the old rules)...it was really a tough hit to take.

I didn't imagine I could get used to the "new flow of the game" so fast.

in any case, I still think that the MLB rules need to be adjusted, giving the hitters a few more seconds to get ready in the batters' box and not using the pitch clock at all in the 9th (and extra) innings when a match is close enough (let's say 4-run difference or less).