website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Another medal for Canada!  

China and Malaysia were very impressive. IMO, both NKorea and GB were overmarked so I don't think it should have been that close in the end.  But it certainly made it exciting.

But no medal in Judo and our ladies doubles are out.  I don't even want Canada to win their soccer game (easier draw in the quarters if they lose).  

7 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Another medal for Canada!  

China and Malaysia were very impressive. IMO, both NKorea and GB were overmarked so I don't think it should have been that close in the end.  But it certainly made it exciting.

But no medal in Judo and our ladies doubles are out.  I don't even want Canada to win their soccer game (easier draw in the quarters if they lose).  

I really dislike the seeding (or lack therof) is done in the women's soccer tournament. Canada finished third in their group in 2012 and had a similarely dificult draw to the other two teams, this time being second gives you a better draw. It's weird.

Edited by Near

3 minutes ago, Near said:

I really dislike the seeding (or lack therof) is done in the women's soccer tournament. Canada finished third in their group in 2012 and had a similarely dificult draw to the other two teams, this time being second gives you a better draw. It's weird.

I'm sure Germany is aware of it as well, so I'm not expecting to see much push by either team in the second half.  But a tie gives Canada 2nd in the group anyway.  The way the games have worked out, that could mean any one of Sweden, Brazil or China.  Not easy, but easier than France (probably).