website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2022

Totallympics

image.png

Moroni kicked out Lopez in qualifying. With that, Lopez' insane streak ended, this will be the first time since the 2002 (!) Australian Open that we'll have a Grand Slam main draw without Lopez in it. Yep, more than 20 years ago. Moroni had just turned 4 when there last was a Grand Slam without Lopez in the main draw.

Andreas Seppi lost as well in the qualifying, the first time since the 2005 French Open he'll miss a main draw at a Grand Slam. The longest and third-longest streaks in Open Era history have now ended.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tsitsipas has a good draw! Tricky first round against Musetti but he avoided Djokovic/Nadal/Alcaraz/Zverev who are all on the other half of the draw. Big chance for him.

Sakkari has a tough draw but this is WTA so it doesn't really matter because the women's draws always fall apart anyways :lol:

Happy to see Valentini Grammatikopoulou follow up her US Open second round run from qualifying with another main draw. I hope she can do some damage in the main draw here as well although I know it is unlikely.

15 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Tsitsipas has a good draw! Tricky first round against Musetti but he avoided Djokovic/Nadal/Alcaraz/Zverev who are all on the other half of the draw. Big chance for him.

Sakkari has a tough draw but this is WTA so it doesn't really matter because the women's draws always fall apart anyways :lol:

Happy to see Valentini Grammatikopoulou follow up her US Open second round run from qualifying with another main draw. I hope she can do some damage in the main draw here as well although I know it is unlikely.

Sakkari could have all qualifiers on her way to the title and she would still choke in in the SF :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Sakkari could have all qualifiers on her way to the title and she would still choke in in the SF :rolleyes:

Since the US Open she made 3 finals (Ostrava, St. Petersburg, Indian Wells) and another 3 SF (Moscow, WTA Finals, Doha), so it seems that she is slowly starting to improve from always losing in SF to sometimes making F. At this rate she will win titles in a few years :d

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Sakkari has Anisimova (if she beats Osaka in R1) scheduled for R3. That is probably the worst R3 draw for any Top 8 seed.

Yeah, that's why I said it was a tough draw. Muchova in R2 is not easy either.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:POL Magda Linette takes out the in-form :TUN Ons Jabeur in the first round! :yikes:

Typical WTA :wacko:

Good win for Magda though. Didn't watch the match. Was Linette really good or Jabeur just not playing well?