website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

10 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

here we disagree 100%, we in POL care a lot about this "conflict" (i have other words for that) but maybe we are biased - we have this war just around our corner, we know many UKR people, we have boarder both with UKR and RUS, this is not an easy situation

but ofc not many people here care about Lampedusa and stuff like that, this is far away from here and so on...

afaik Poland is part of EU ;)

unfortunately, Italy is also another place where the :RUS vs :UKR conflict is still on top of the headlines (actually, here anything's good not to talk of the Italian people's daily troubles...so, you only find international conflicts and women/family murders on our media)

In which sports, besides fencing, judo, boxing, wrestling, cycling and rowing RUS and BLR athletes still can try qualify? I remember all those federations allowed them to return as neutrals, same about gymnastics, but I doubt that they will qualify there as WCH are done and European Gymnastics Union didnt allowed them to compete in qualification events. How it can be in aquatic sports?

42 minutes ago, rybak said:

In which sports, besides fencing, judo, boxing, wrestling, cycling and rowing RUS and BLR athletes still can try qualify? I remember all those federations allowed them to return as neutrals, same about gymnastics, but I doubt that they will qualify there as WCH are done and European Gymnastics Union didnt allowed them to compete in qualification events. How it can be in aquatic sports?

Badminton technically gives 'neutral athletes' 2 months to qualify (if BWF is actually true to its words). And realistically only 2 Russians can qualify (one each in men's singles and women's singles) from that limited time frame, Belarus does not care about this sport.