website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, dcro said:

But you do realize that would be within a second of Mrs. Koch? :p

I do, yes. She has however already run under 49 in her life and seems to be in better shape than ever.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

It's funny because this is not how things work in gymnastics. If one throws huge difficulty with a high fail rate, there's no way we can call this gymnast highly talented. Yamilet Peña (DOM) and Dipa Karmakar (IND) were butchered by media and fans alike because they had big vaults but very poor execution.

But that's the difference between a sport where it's about executing things in a good way and a sport where you just gotta do it. If you have the ugliest jump ever but clear 6.05m with it, you cleared 6.05m and that's that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

Swiety learned a lot from the mens in that mixed relay it looks :p

I'm still annoyed and disappointed IAAF doesn't have splits for that race, because I'm really curious if Swiety ran 'bad', Cherry ran great or it was just normal for both of them :p