website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

6 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

You obviously missed the point of the discussion ...

Of course it is part of Europe for sporting purposes, otherwise people from there wouldnt be allowed to compete for France ...

The question was whether it is part of Europe geographically and its clearly not. Israel is also part of Europe for sporting purposes, but not geographically.

Except for the fact that most Israelis are European in decent, and that Israel is a member of most European organizations.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I never said UK & France would vanish into thin air but it's obvious they profit from influx from colonial talent. Yeah, I know the rich only get richer. I can only second guess where would Poland be if we had the resources similar to France & UK.

This is Anita Wlodarczyk's club stadium. I wonder if any of the French champions would even set a foot onto this junkyard?

z267jk9f81z4ujj2my1gcr97a7m7nvk9.jpg

The track looks nice

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

34 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I like that you of all users is threatening to report me. All you do is bring negative opinions to the forum. All I’m asking for is that you brighten up a bit and maybe expand your opinion to the positives of allowing immigrants to compete.

For a little balance in this argument I looked at the track and field events at Rio 2016.

The number of naturalized athletes on some of the major European countries is as follows:

Turkey  13

Spain    9

Italy      6

Germany 4

Great Britain, France, Netherlands 2

Poland 1

I'm not counting athletes who were entitled to citizenship since birth (eg those whose parents came from the country they now run for)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Kaul in pole position for bronze now, especially if he can improve on that javelin (which should be far from impossible).

6WWX2vy.png

Duckworth needs a 15-20 second 1500m PB to really join the bronze medal fight, which is gonna be hard, considering his 1500m PB is already 10+ seconds faster than all three of his other 1500m's in the last one and a half years.

Will be interesting to see what Kaul can do. On the one hand the conditions seem difficult, considering the results in javelin throw qualification, on the other hand Kaul has apparently been throwing 77 m in training, so let's see ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Will be interesting to see what Kaul can do. On the one hand the conditions seem difficult, considering the results in javelin throw qualification, on the other hand Kaul has apparently been throwing 77 m in training, so let's see ...

And the weaher doesn't help. It's raining now

Edit: 65.31 m is okay :)

Edited by wumo26

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

What does that have to do with anything? Most/many americans/argentinians are also european in decent, but noone would think its a good idea for them to compete at european championships.

The difference being that Israel is much more European culturally, historically, and politically compared to being Asian

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Olympian1010:

The difference being that Israel is much more European culturally, historically, and politically compared to being Asian

So ... would you say that the US/Canada are closer to for example Peru/Guatemala in all those aspects than to GB/France for example?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

So ... would you say that the US/Canada are closer to for example Peru/Guatemala in all those aspects than to GB/France for example?

No, I would say they are North American in culture, and very different politically (besides being allies), but they would have huge historical ties to Europe as well.

Decent 67.72m for Kaul, but not more than decent. Still well in the hunt for bronze with that.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!