website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

2/3 through the men's right now :lol:

There really should be a way to do this with keyboard only (number, tab, number, tab, number, tab, number, tab), this clicking with my shabby mouse is driving me mad :d 

I might give it a try tomorrow morning in between work, out of respect for @Wumo's hard work :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There really should be a way to do this with keyboard only (number, tab, number, tab, number, tab, number, tab), this clicking with my shabby mouse is driving me mad :d 

I might give it a try tomorrow morning in between work, out of respect for @Wumo's hard work :p 

I would appreciate if you took the time as I spend alone 3-4 hours on the brackets :lol:

7 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I would appreciate if you took the time as I spend alone 3-4 hours on the brackets :lol:

I'll do my best, although I do think it would be invaluable for everyone if we can all figure out a way to make this way quicker for both the organizer and participants :p 

Maybe using an online tool or something for the tennis contests, where for example the winner of match A is already placed in the next round's match automatically instead of having to do double work (entering score and copy-pasting names) :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted the men at least, I'll try the women tomorrow :p 

I thought about coming off the bench for both the Tour de France and the US Open. I didn’t do the Tour de France after I came to the realization that’s it been a good year or two since I last watched professional cycling (which is crazy), and I didn’t want to look like a complete fool.

The sole reason I didn’t the US Open is because of how many matches I would have to predict. I agree with @heywoodu on this one, there’s got to be a better way to run this contest next time around (for both participants and organizers). 

Thanks to @Wumo for organizing these latest contests though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought about coming off the bench for both the Tour de France and the US Open. I didn’t do the Tour de France after I came to the realization that’s it been a good year or two since I last watched professional cycling (which is crazy), and I didn’t want to look like a complete fool.

Too bad. I've been watching it for at least 20 years, the last at least 10 of which pretty intensive, and I'm still looking like a complete fool :banana: 

By the way, about the US Open: the number of matches is no problem for me, it's the inconvenience of Totallympics (or any text-based forum in general) to quickly fill them in. I believe there are websites where you can just Tab through the whole thing in a couple of minutes if you don't need ages to think about your picks. This is not meant to criticize anything or anyone by the way, it's just the nature of a forum.

Provisional Standing of the ASO/UCI Tour De France Prediction Contest after Day 3 is available here

To all contestants, you are now allowed to edit your predictions until the start of Stage 4, 13:30 (GMT +2)

@toulousain, @Monzanator,@Henry_Leon, @africaboy, @George_D, @Agger, @Pablita, @ady48, @heywoodu, @SteveParker, @hckosice, @Federer91@PakoNatxo,@Ufilov,@vlad, @titicow

@Dunadan, @Herberth10,@rybak, @EupenM, @Laraja