website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I actually have to agree somewhat with @Fly_like_a_don here. The games lack energy. I haven’t felt motivated to watch them at all because competition fields are small and quite a few of the events are weak. For the world’s third biggest multi-sport event, It hasn’t felt like the big deal it should be. The US sent A,B,C athletes and we’re getting to 50 golds at the halfway mark. I’m the rest of the continent can’t keep up. The quality of most competitions is low. There are generally 2-4 world class athletes in each event and that’s it. It just feels like a weak event.

Latin American sends, in most of the sports, the best they have......for a powerfull country like yours, is probably this games are a little boring.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I actually have to agree somewhat with @Fly_like_a_don here. The games lack energy. I haven’t felt motivated to watch them at all because competition fields are small and quite a few of the events are weak. For the world’s third biggest multi-sport event, It hasn’t felt like the big deal it should be. The US sent A,B,C athletes and we’re getting to 50 golds at the halfway mark. I’m the rest of the continent can’t keep up. The quality of most competitions is low. There are generally 2-4 world class athletes in each event and that’s it. It just feels like a weak event.

I think most of US golds so far have been earned by A athletes, especially considering there's a lot of non-Olympic events. But for a nation that usually wins the Olympics, I understand these Games might be boring to you.

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's the reality, our continent isn't full of world class athletes like Europe. At most you are going to see a small handful of strong athletes/teams. It's no different than the Asian Games.

Yeah but the Asian felt bigger, there was more sports, more sports broadcasted, and it just had more energy. I stayed up till late just to watch them. For me there’s just no interest in the Pan American Games for some reason.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

I think most of US golds so far have been earned by A athletes, especially considering there's a lot of non-Olympic events. But for a nation that usually wins the Olympics, I understand these Games might be boring to you.

Well, and I’ve made it clear that I like games where to events are unpredictable and the quality of athletes is closer for better or worse. The Pan Ams just don’t get me as excited as they did when they were in Toronto.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I felt these Games were also hurt by poor scheduling.

Toronto too, but this time is worse. This week we'll have a lot of medal events happening at the same time thanks to Athletics and Swimming.

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah but the Asian felt bigger, there was more sports, more sports broadcasted, and it just had more energy. I stayed up till late just to watch them. For me there’s just no interest in the Pan American Games for some reason.

49 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

That's the reality, our continent isn't full of world class athletes like Europe. At most you are going to see a small handful of strong athletes/teams. It's no different than the Asian Games.

You don't need to have the strongest athletes for the best games. I enjoyed watching the Pacific Games because there were so many close and interesting events which always kept me guessing regarding who is winning the event. I suppose @Olympian1010  will agree if I say he liked the Pacific Games more than the Pan Am games. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

3 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

You don't need to have the strongest athletes for the best games. I enjoyed watching the Pacific Games because there were so many close and interesting events which always kept me guessing regarding who is winning the event. I suppose @Olympian1010  will agree if I say he liked the Pacific Games more than the Pan Am games. 

Yes, yes he would. I enjoyed them a lot. So far they were the best multi-sports games of the summer. I actually quite enjoyed the African Beach Games and European Games too.