website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

You don't need to have the strongest athletes for the best games. I enjoyed watching the Pacific Games because there were so many close and interesting events which always kept me guessing regarding who is winning the event. I suppose @Olympian1010  will agree if I say he liked the Pacific Games more than the Pan Am games. 

You haven't watched artistic gymnastics, have you?. Even though the US sent the best girls (except for Simone Biles) and dominated the team competition, the event finals were unpredictable and the US was not even close to a full sweep like we all expected before the Games. The men's competition was extremely surprising, with US not earning any gold medals. Even Brazil lost the most expected medal this edition, gold on rings with Zanetti.

I understand that the Pan Ams might not be very exciting for people from Europe and Asia, but it's not like I feel excited about the Asian Games either (China doesn't send their best athletes either and still they are unbeatable). I don't see any point in your criticism. If India competed at the Pan Ams, I could bet all my money they would be trailing off behind Argentina at this point, so why complain about the quality of the event?