website statistics

Biathlon at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Swewi said:

I really hope Sweden missed the wax completely both here and in skiathlon.

Otherwise worrying.

Can’t believe Eckhoff gets a gold with 3 penalty loops.:yikes:

The Swedes are traditionally never really strong at altitude, aren't they? At least I can never really remember any top performances. The Norwegians, French and Russians are traditionally strong in Antholz at altitude, so no surprise for me the result, even if it was constantly back and forth. The best have prevailed.

10 minutes ago, JonPhi said:

The Swedes are traditionally never really strong at altitude, aren't they? At least I can never really remember any top performances. The Norwegians, French and Russians are traditionally strong in Antholz at altitude, so no surprise for me the result, even if it was constantly back and forth. The best have prevailed.

Yeah, it seems like whomever does good in Antholz should do good here as well.

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Was that the OBS feed?  Couple of Aussies, doubt they had any subject knowledge.

Yeah it was on both olympic channel and TV channel. 

First they only were comparing the teams with 2018 Olympics performance then from great difficulty had some stats from the season,  she has 5 podiums, he has 3 podiums blah blah.. I bet they knew nothing in detail abt the World Cups or the athletes except for who are brothers who are the sisters competing today. 

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Yeah it was the one on both olympic channel and TV channel. 

First they only were comparing the teams with 2018 Olympics performance then from great difficulty had some stats from the season,  she has 5 podiums, he has 3 podiums blah blah.. I bet they knew nothing in detail abt the World Cups or the athletes except for who are brothers who are the sisters competing today. 

Sure: you get the impression this is the first race they’ve seen in four years.

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Sure: you get the impression this is the first race they’ve seen in four years.

The biathlon I watched didn't feel like Biathlon at all. If the right things are not told half of the interest is gone. I just hope the individual races will be nicer, Norway seem to be winning the rest of them with that ski speed. 

13 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Wierer was very good in Antholz with good ski speed and shooting then today there's nothing of it at all. Perhaps she peaked early with her ski form same with Hana Sola who has gone downhill after Oberhof. 

Yeah, I’m quite shocked by Sola. Oberhof was still good, than Ruhpolding bad and Antholz very Bad. Today at the beginning it looked better, but the last loop was again bad. And Wierer: she looked at her best in Antholz, maybe her shape is also going down. 
That Roeiseland will be strong clear at this profile was quite clear. I‘m really looking forward to see what Braisaz-Bouchet can do. This profile should also suit her very much.