website statistics
2 hours ago, dullard said:

With Haughey pulling out of the 100 and 200 free, Oleksiak is the only medalist from Tokyo in either of those races to compete in Budapest (bronze in the 200).  And seeing as she finished 4th in the 100, looking pretty good there, too.  

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

NR and bronze medal for Canada! 6th swimming medal, same as in Rio.

Penny Oleksiak becomes the most decorated Canadian Olympian (winter or summer) EVER and she is  only 21

Third medal for MacNeil, 4th for Masse.  Pickrem gets her first.  

36 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Kylie Masse with a nice silver medal. Canada up to 5 medals. They need one more to equal Rio.

Kind of weird that Rio was a surprise performance by Canada's swim team while this time we expected medals and they could end up with less, or at best the same.  But really it was mostly Oleksiak in 2016 while this time it's more spread out.  Just wish the mens side would develop more.  

4 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

A very good heats. Two records. Kathleen Dawson looks to be be in form needed for a medal chance in the mixed relay as she was fourth after the record breakers.

I sense an upset Through and think at least one of the record breakers will miss out on a medal. 

It'll be quite a battle for the podium.  IMO Masse laid off at the end because she was so far ahead in her heat. The others weren't as so far ahead.  

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada with the top two times in women's 400m IM. This is probably our best (only?) chance for a gold medal in the pool

A Canadian has the top entry time for the 200m IM tomorrow, and another Canadian has the 3rd fastest.  But the top three are all within a couple of tenths of each other, so we'll see how that plays out.  

7 minutes ago, james89 said:

I'm not expecting much after seeing his freestyle split on the relay last night.

He did finish 4th in the 200m, coming in as the 4th fastest qualifier.  But I'll wait to see the prelims at least to judge his chances.  

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I don't think anyone on here thinks that any of the medallists are clean, but if you feel the need to say that again and again, then why even watch? Just enjoy this freak show and take it for what it is, same as the athletics world championships or the Tour de France.

Again and again?  I said it once.  Anyway, if you read my posts you would know I wasn't accusing Smith of doping, I was saying Americans are quick to blame other countries when they have such sudden success.