website statistics

The Teros 7s played very well except at the final match. They made a few mistakes, but Chile did even more. Murphy's law it seems.

Fun fact: the previous two appearances on Uruguay in Olympic team sports (not counting doubles) were men's football in London 2012 and men's basketball in Los Ángeles 1984. Plus basque pelota in Barcelona 1992, which was a demonstration sport.

Edited by NaBUru38

I attended on Sunday, it was freezing. Next time please do it in March-April or October-November.

There was a reasonable crowd, unlike the South American Women's Sevens held in previous years also in Montevideo but at the Torneo Valentín Martínez.

I'll upload the photos to Wikimedia Commons ass soon as I can.

Rugby Sevens 2021 Discussion Thread
Posted

The 2021/22 Sevens World Series will start the last week of November at Dubai, followed by another tournament at Dubai the next week.

For confusing reasons, Great Britain will play at Dubai, whereas the other rounds will feature England, Scotland and/or Wales.

Rugby Sevens 2021 Discussion Thread
Posted

2021 Men's World Series:

• September 18-19: Vancouver
  • September 25-26: Edmonton
  • October 29-30: Singapore
  • November 5-7: Hong Kong
  • December 3-4: Dubai
  • December 10-12: Cape Town

2021 Women's World Series:

• October TBC: Paris
  • November 5-7: Hong Kong
  • December 3-4: Dubai
  • December 10-12: Cape Town

Rugby Sevens 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted

Chile and Uruguay hosted the World Rugby Sevens Challenger Series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_World_Rugby_Sevens_Challenger_Series_–_Men's_tour

Japan, Uruguay, Hong Kong, Chile, Germany, italy, Tonga and Jamaica were the top 8 teams, and qualified to the Hong Kong qualifier.