website statistics
1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Australia left Oceania because it was too weak

It was more to do with FIFA not allocating a direct WC slot to Oceania, as a result :AUS had to qualify to WCs via playoffs against stronger South American/North American countries.
Their football federation believed and rightly so, Aus has a better chance of qualifying through the AFC slot allocations.

Ofcourse AFC offers better competition at both club & international level  as compared to Oceania. 

Well for the 2026 expanded WC , FIFA has finally allocated a direct Slot for OFC. 

Football 2023 Discussion Thread
Posted
On 7/14/2023 at 1:09 AM, LDOG said:

Quick analysis: 

:ALG:TUN:SEN Will make it with little to no trouble.  

:MAR has a tough group but they are step above in quality of almost everyone so they'll make it too.  

:NGR is superior to :RSA or :BEN bit you can never be 100% sure with them.  

Group A is :EGY vs :BUR with 60/40 chances respectively I'd say.   

Group I is :MLI vs :GHA with 45/55 chances respectively. Mali was very unlucky.

:CMR is favorite but they should watch out for both :CPV and :LBA in my opinion. I think this group could see an upset. 

:CIV favorite but VERY tricky opponents like :GAM, :GAB and :KEN are there. 

I feel it wont be easy for :SEN The match against :COD Won’t be easy. 
Group I looks the toughest as does Group A.

:ALG & :TUN got very favourable draws. 
I think either :MLI Or :BUR will qualify for the expanded WC in 2026 for the first time in their history. 

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022
Posted
1 minute ago, konig said:

This german team is far away, the WORST i have ever seen, than this team, the german team of the last world cup was the reincarnation of the 1990 world champions.

But Musiala will be a big player for them in the coming years. He just needs to add goals to his game. With Probably Sane, Gnabry , Musiala, Havertz & Wirtz playing in 2026 . They have strong core group to build on this disappointment.

But first they need to find a replacement  for Klose . That is one area they having lacking since 2014.

DFB dont normally sack managers , think Flick will get another chance with this team for Euro 2024 at home.

Posted

Yes absolutely Azmoun is not fully fit to last 90mins yet. 
Maybe if you want 2 up top start with Ansarifad and then bring on Azmoun for last 30 mins. 
I like your LB who came on late in the game Jalali I think, he is really hard working. 
As for Taremi , it is unfair to expect him to do all alone. He has quality players at Porto who supports him.

Him and a fully fit Azmoun would have scored goals . 
A lot of your players might retire now. 

Posted

Holland vs Qatar was so boring, as if it was a friendly or a training session. 
The dutch were not interested to score beyond those 2 goals. 
Well as for Qatar, worst record as hosts with no points and just a single goal. They are playing not on merit but by default as hosts.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Three teams haven't scored a goal in 180 minutes at this World Cup: Mexico, Tunisia & Uruguay.

Meanwhile :NED Danny Makkelie has been chosen as the referee for Argentina vs Poland. Party like it's 1978 :p @heywoodu

Mexico & Uruguay might still score , not sure about Tunisia. But if they do score all 32 teams would have scored at least 1 goal in this world cup. Has that ever happened before in a 32 team WC?

Also we just lost 2 teams (one being Qatar) & 3 have secured qualifications, still 27 teams has a mathematical chance for qualification. 

Posted

Argentina 🇦🇷 are right back in this. 
Poland 🇵🇱 and Mexico 🇲🇽 were so poor, neither team looked like they wanted to win today. 
I personally expected more from Polska . 
I still hope they make it out of the group but they need to improve massively. 

Posted
15 hours ago, MHSN said:

I believe Iran's squad will be announced on Sunday. nobody really cares though. Queiroz will go with his old guys, no time to test new players.

in another time I would be so excited for the World Cup. specially the first match. this is the group I always wanted but there is no excitement left because of obvious reasons. I just hope Queiroz can pull the team together and has a less embarrassing show. if anybody can do it, it's him.

and I assume if Iran scores a goal (which is a big if right now) nobody is going to celebrate. this is currently a thing in our sport.

Will Azmoun be in the squad?