website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Brazil was a kind of powerhouse in Karate some years ago. Now we wont have any athletes at the olympics. What a shame

https://totallympics.com/topic/9810-karate-wkf-olympic-games-qualifier-2021/?do=findComment&comment=383218

it seems there is still a way for Eleni Chatziliadou to qualify

if both Italy and Egypt qualify here (whcih is very likely) , there will be 2 Wild Cards available in this weight but only 1 athlete in eligible for that (from Montenegro)

rules say

If the Tripartite Commission is not able to allocate a Tripartite Commission Invitation Place, the quota will be reallocated tothe highest ranked athlete in the applicable category from an NOCnot already representedas per Olympic Standing of 24 May 2021.

Quirici is next , and Eleni is right after her. so one of them will take that reallocated quota. id Quirici qualifies here. there is a very good chance for Greece to have her in Tokyo @Makedonas

:ITA:EGY:SUI are qualified even before the last round

that also means we will have the full list of continental quotas for women's events

Oceania: :NZL Anacan (Kata - Rank 9)

Africa: :EGY Sayed (55kg - Rank 11)

America: :PER Grande (61kg - Rank 9)

Asia: :IRI Alipour (61kg - Rank 6)

Europe: :AUT Plank (55kg - Rank 14)

Pan-Am last quota: :DOM Dimitrova (Kata - Rank 11)

2 wild cards will be avaible in +61kg but only :MNE is eligible for that.

that means even if MNE takes that Wild Card, :GRE will take the unused TC quota.

I will double check everything later today. but that's my understandings from the rules. of course I might be wrong completely.