website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

IWF Olympic Ranking is now fully updated, they added Pan-Am results too

@Griff88you heard the news ? Eko Yuli Irawan is now safe and qualified. I wonder if that changes anything for Li Fabin of China. probably not.

So what actually happened with Period 3A/B thing? 

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So what actually happened with Period 3A/B thing? 

they just removed that from the rules. only participating in Period 1 and 2 is mandatory. Period 3 A and B both could help you to collect more points but that's not mandatory anymore.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

IWF Olympic Ranking is now fully updated, they added Pan-Am results too

@Griff88you heard the news ? Eko Yuli Irawan is now safe and qualified. I wonder if that changes anything for Li Fabin of China. probably not.

It doesn’t change Li Fabin’s ticket but it hurt China a lot. Since free pass is so easy to allocate, it made injured Chinese lifters who still chose to participate a joke. The change also leaves a door for North Korea in case they change their mind, I am pretty sure they will be granted wild cards at any time before the the event starts, So Zhang Wangli is no more candidate. The postponement of qualification confirmation also leaves a door for Deng Wei.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

It doesn’t change Li Fabin’s ticket but it hurt China a lot. Since free pass is so easy to allocate, it made injured Chinese lifters who still chose to participate a joke. The change also leaves a door for North Korea in case they change their mind, I am pretty sure they will be granted wild cards at any time before the the event starts, So Zhang Wangli is no more candidate. The postponement of qualification confirmation also leaves a door for Deng Wei.

To qualify for Olympics or be in the rankings they have to submit whereabouts by May 23 failing to do so will not include them in the ranking to be  released on June 1. So if they change their mind it should be done in the next 15-17 days. 

There's an interesting theory I've been hearing from a few people.

High ranking officials in the IWF are convinced they will lose their positions when the IWF is reorganized this year so they're using  this as a way of gaining support.

The theory goes that the Court of Arbitration for Sport will have to let all the lifters who would have qualified if the rules hadn't changed compete in Tokyo because the rule change was unfair. Which means small weightlifting nations will gain places and they'll be grateful enough to the people who changed the rules to vote for them in the next election.

To be honest, I doubt this is true but it's still an interesting theory.

stat list for the World Junior Championship

https://www.iwf.net/e-entry/grid_entry_list/

I assume athletes in Green are still active in the Olympic qualification list.

@rybak this is probably surprising for you but Bartlomiej ADAMUS in that world juniors list has a very good chance to qualify for the Olympics. he is currently 34th in the ranking but only 4 weightlifters are between him and the European Quota. and he will surpass all 4 of them if he lifts 371kg (that was his record at the European Championships) actually he only needs 365kg for that.

and maybe even 347kg (which is a very very low record) does the job for him if Russia and Albania elect to send different weightlifters (very likely)

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

stat list for the World Junior Championship

https://www.iwf.net/e-entry/grid_entry_list/

@rybak this is probably surprising for you but Bartlomiej ADAMUS in that world juniors list has a very good chance to qualify for the Olympics. he is currently 34th in the ranking but only 4 weightlifters are between him and the European Quota. and he will surpass all 4 of them if he lifts 371kg (that was record at the European Championships) actually he only needs 365kg for that.

and maybe even 347kg (which is a very very low record) does the job for him if Russia and Albania elect to send different weightlifters (very likely)

Interesting to see :wNIU: on the entry list

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

No. Jeremy in 67kg is active but not in green. 

Those in green are born in 2000. Maybe they are no longer junior but are allowed since, we didn’t have a Junior championships last year. 

1 minute ago, Dolby said:

No. Jeremy in 67kg is active but not in green. 

Those in green are born in 2000. Maybe they are no longer junior but are allowed since, we didn’t have a Junior championships last year. 

yes you are right. thanks for correcting me

I was wondering why some of them are in green and that was the first thing came to my mind :d:facepalm: just because I knew few of them are still in the list.

I was checking the regulation and those in Green are not going to win a medal. this is just a qualification tournament for them. that's why all athletes in green are in the Olympic list. because otherwise they had no reason to participate here :p