website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

WTA drama continues as Marketa Vondrousova uses her PR (protected ranking) to secure the Tokyo ticket at the expense of in-form Karolina Muchova.

Vondrousova has done nothing since 2019 so this one stings for sure.

Yeah, it is a big topic in Czech right now. Many ppl critisize it. This may have some after play I am afraid ....

I am starting to wonder if our federation will ever release any info about the qualified players...

And it's not like we have 1 or maybe 2 chances. We should have 6 players in total, and yet there seems to be a total lack of interest as far as informing the public is concerned.

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

I am starting to wonder if our federation will ever release any info about the qualified players...

And it's not like we have 1 or maybe 2 chances. We should have 6 players in total, and yet there seems to be a total lack of interest as far as informing the public is concerned.

They are certainly waiting for the final official confirmation from ITF. The final list should be known by end of June, the last July 5th.

ITF is one of the slowest reacting federation, for example we are still waiting for the answer about acceptance or decline of Lukáš Klein...