website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Just now, NearPup said:

The dreaded and hated Olympic tie-break rule in gymnastics strikes once again.

Still better than the awful double gold :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Execution score decided it. Maybe I missed something, but I can't see how Dolgopyat could have had a better execution score.

They tied on execution score. Second tie-breaker is difficulty, and since Dolgopyat had a 0.1 neutral deduction it means his difficulty was 0.1 higher.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Execution score decided it. Maybe I missed something, but I can't see how Dolgopyat could have had a better execution score.

As always in these cases, I am looking forward to @thiago_simoes's analysis :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Vektor said:

The higher execution tie-break makes sense to me, but the difficulty being more important than the penalty... not so much. 

Ya, I would order it highest execution score > least neutral deductions > tie not broken.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

They tied on execution score. Second tie-breaker is difficulty, and since Dolgopyat had a 0.1 neutral deduction it means his difficulty was 0.1 higher.

Still puzzled how they tied on the execution score then.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Never understood the need for individual finals in artistic gymnastics, really don't think they should be on the program (I know, unpopular opinion)

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one :P