website statistics

Athletics 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

RIP Kimetto's 35km WR, 1:40.57 :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Kipchoge survived Kimetto's best part very well, now there's not a single kilometer anymore where Kimetto had some insane split...

tumblr_oynyiz5VdN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Are you like that Eurosport commentator, who says that going sub-2 hours is IMPOSSIBLE? :p

Of course it's not :p 

The laws of nature don't care about a made up limit like '2 hours' :lol:

Also, it's not on Eurosport here, I'm watching German TV and they haven't mentioned 2 hours even once except for that attempt by Kipchoge :p 

1 minute ago, dcro said:

1 hour is also a made up limit, but it's impossible. :p

True but I think you get my point :d 

It's not like 2:00.05 is possible, but suddenly 1:59.55 is not. It might take longer than your or my life, no idea, but I really doubt that in 100 years from now the world record is still starting with a 2 :p 

Edited by heywoodu

1:56.29 for Kimetto at 40km during his WR, 1:55.32 for Kipchoge now, this WR is being destroyed:bowdown:

2:01.40 :hyper::bowdown: