website statistics

Judo at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, that draw was unfortunate. I wasn't even sad when Karakas lost, I was like "whatever, she had almost no chance to win a medal anyway with this draw". 

Great 7th place, after great fight with Hungary and Portugal, nice news from judo Arena. But it is probably last happy info for us. 

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

BS decision against Klimkait and now she will go to lose against Japan, Canada's 4th fourth/fifth place of the day. Im done for the day

Dont worry, Margelidon will get bronze medal yet

4 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Dont worry, Margelidon will get bronze medal yet

Meh, I feel like when you have the world number 1 and 2 in an event coming away with the bronze is sort of a failure.

TBH the selection policy from Judo Canada was insane and there are some people there who need to answer for it. I'm not really quibbling who they picked, but doing it based on the world championships a month and a half before the Olympics was absolutely stupid.

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Meh, I feel like when you have the world number 1 and 2 in an event coming away with the bronze is sort of a failure.

TBH the selection policy from Judo Canada was insane and there are some people there who need to answer for it. I'm not really quibbling who they picked, but doing it based on the world championships a month and a half before the Olympics was absolutely stupid.

They probably knew the decision would be unpopular no matter whom they chose so they tried to delay it until the last possible moment. I can understand that logic.