website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

I'm just going to assume the answer is "not very much at all", but just to be sure and because ayatollah sounds Iranian to the untrained ears that I possess, I'm gonna ask for help in determining how serious to take this moron :p @MHSN

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm just going to assume the answer is "not very much at all", but just to be sure and because ayatollah sounds Iranian to the untrained ears that I possess, I'm gonna ask for help in determining how serious to take this moron :p @MHSN

you know since today morning I heard lots of people making joke specially about the last line in social media but I didn't know what's the source of that. thanks to you now I know :d

the answer is "not at all" !

being Ayatollah is in fact is not such a big deal. specially these days. there are religious schools in some cities (specially in that damned city of Qom, source of Corona) and when you graduate from them you will become a cleric, let's say being Ayatollah is equal to become PhD graduate in normal science. so there are lots of Ayatollahs here. only some of them are important, for example I never heard of this guy. I really don't know if this guy is this stupid or just try to say something "very stupid" to make a name for himself. both are possible.

but I googled his name just now before clicking the send bottom and it seems this is not just one time, he has a story of saying super crazy things like this. and he even has an online shop for "Islamic medicine" ! :facepalm: I see some "Islamic soap" and "Islamic toothbrush" in the list ! :yikes:

there are crazy people everywhere in the world but what's disappointing is to see 107K people following this guy on telegram ! :wall:  but I guess that's Qom. that's why I never visited that city and will never do.

ps: I prefer to think maybe some of those guys just followed him to have something to laugh.

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

you know since today morning I heard lots of people making joke specially about the last line in social media but I didn't know what's the source of that. thanks to you now I know :d

the answer is "not at all" !

being Ayatollah is in fact is not such a big deal. specially these days. there are religious schools in some cities (specially in that damned city of Qom, source of Corona) and when you graduate from them you will become a cleric, let's say being Ayatollah is equal to become PhD graduate in normal science. so there are lots of Ayatollahs here. only some of them are important, for example I never heard of this guy. I really don't know if this guy is this stupid or just try to say something "very stupid" to make a name for himself. both are possible.

but I googled his name just now before clicking the send bottom and it seems this is not just one time, he has a story of saying super crazy things like this. and he even has an online shop for "Islamic medicine" ! :facepalm: I see some "Islamic soap" and "Islamic toothbrush" in the list ! :yikes:

there are crazy people everywhere in the world but what's disappointing is to see 107K people following this guy on telegram ! :wall:  but I guess that's Qom. that's why I never visited that city and will never do.

That's a relief :lol: Thanks!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's a relief :lol: Thanks!

you really didn't think people would listen to these guys, did you ? :d  I'm quite sure nobody (including himself) will do such a thing. he sounds more like a fraud to me.

and usually being Ayatollah gives you free card to say whatever you want with no consequences from the corrupt judicial system

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

you really didn't think people would listen to these guys, did you ? :d  I'm quite sure nobody (including himself) will do such a thing. he sounds more like a fraud to me.

and usually being Ayatollah gives you free card to say whatever you want with no consequences from the corrupt judicial system

Considering the things very strict religious people and cults and so on seem to actually do sometimes, I wasn't entirely sure :lol: I was mostly leaning towards 'probably not' :p 

59 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

It’s 2% of known infected people. The difference between normal flu and this is mainly due to the fact that what we call “flu” is more or less well known* and we can make epidemiological predictions on what happens every year. This virus is new and is almost impossible to make a model that may give us a correct idea on how it spreads, which symptoms are common, which are harmful and in practice how many serious cases we have. With this new virus, a lot of cases are asymptomatic, which means you cannot detect them properly and use the data for a whole, decent prediction. And let me tell you that of 400 patients in Italy, more than a half are asynptomatic, they were tested only because suspected of close contact.

*each year the influenza virus undergoes mutations but more or less it has the same kind of mechanism of action, so it is possible to contain it through vaccines

In terms of vaccines, I keep hearing Chinese, American and some countries I don't remember developing vaccine very well with expectation finished at April. Hopefully it's true, not a placebo.

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

In terms of vaccines, I keep hearing Chinese, American and some countries I don't remember developing vaccine very well with expectation finished at April. Hopefully it's true, not a placebo.

Developing a working and viable vaccine for a complicated virus like a coronavirus within 3-4 months sounds a bit too good to be true honestly..

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Now it’s two confirmed Corona cases in Sweden. 

Could you post a source? :)