website statistics

Best Sports Moments of The (Correct) Decade From 2010-2019

Olympian1010

As a Dutchman two classic NOS moments sprint to mind:

• "Nog altijd Ligtlee. Ligtlee, waar komt de rest? De rest komt helemaal niet!" (Keirin (W), Ligtlee, gold, Rio 2016)
  • "Hij staat, en iedereen, en ik sta! Het is ongelofelijk!" (High Bar (M), Zonderland, gold, London 2012)

And the emotional rollercoaster that was the women's road cycling at Rio 2016, which was both a highlight and a lowlight at the same time.

For international sports, I'm thinking of Kipchoge's Berlin 2018 world record, the incredible Triathlon (W) sprint finish at London 2012 and an equally close cross country skiing sprint finish that I don't know exactly.

Then there's the many medals for Bolt, Phelps and Biles among others. There's so many incredible sports moments, I can't choose!

31 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

• "Hij staat, en iedereen, en ik sta! Het is ongelofelijk!" (High Bar (M), Zonderland, gold, London 2012)

The single most epic combination of commentary and performance and moment and everything :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

39 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Nah, decades are 10 years: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 = 10 years. The end of the 10s.

That's how sheeple like it, sure, but in mathematical sense decades start at one and end at zero (ten). :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's how sheeple like it, sure, but in mathematical sense decades start at one and end at zero. :p

While I agree, much of the world thinks otherwise, and quite frankly I’m not having this argument, so fuck it. It’s been a wonderful decade.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

While I agree, much of the world thinks otherwise, and quite frankly I’m not having this argument, so fuck it. It’s been a wonderful decade.

It's been worse when people pretended 20th century ended on Dec. 31st, 1999. It's been a horrible hoopla that thankfully can only happen once in my lifetime :facepalm:

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's been worse when people pretended 20th century ended on Dec. 31st, 1999. It's been a horrible hoopla that thankfully can only happen once in my lifetime :facepalm:

The 20th century did end on December 31st, 1999. Y’all Europeans are real dumb when it comes to common sense :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

The 20th century did end on December 31st, 1999. Y’all Europeans are real dumb when it comes to common sense :mumble:

Can you count from 1 to 100? Century is 100 years, not 99. Your common sense is below simple maths from 1st grade :facepalm:

Just now, Monzanator said:

Can you count from 1 to 100? Century is 100 years, not 99. Your common sense is below simple maths from 1st grade :facepalm:

0 counts. 1900 exists as a year. That’s the first year you count. The 21st century is 2000-2099. The 22nd Century is 2100-2199.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

0 counts. 1900 exists as a year. That’s the first year you count. The 21st century is 2000-2099. The 22nd Century is 2100-2199.

It doesn't. Neither the Julian nor Gregorian calendar used Year 0 post-factum :dunno::lol:  You're spreading the most common lie in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_zero

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It doesn't. Neither the Julian nor Gregorian calendar used Year 0 post-factum :dunno::lol:  You're spreading the most common lie in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_zero

It isn’t a lie, it’s a difference of opinion. There’s a difference between Discrete and Continuous statistical data. It makes more sense to count years as continuous, and not as discrete. The 21st century began in 2000, not 2001. We’d already lived in the 2000s. 

Why the fuck do you always have to contradict every single fucking thing I post. This wasn’t political, and it wasn’t originally opinion. I just wanted to relive some of the best sporting moments from the last decade. I liked some of the memories people shared, and then the asshole amigos had to come and shit all over another. I fine with people disagreeing with, and I enjoy debating, but the amount of negativity around here sucks sometimes. My intentions with this thread were good. I wasn’t trying to rob your vision of the decade, if anything I was trying to get people to collaborate and remover all the good times from the last few years. It shouldn’t be that hard to just have some threads where we just get along, and talk about sports. I don’t re GER the part in the Olympic Charter where everyone is supposed to argue about every single fucking little thing. My definition of a decade won’t cause anyone bodily harm. It won’t completely change the way we see the world. All of things that happen in the past, present, and future will still happen irregardless of how we group years together. I’m so fucking done with this shit right now.