website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

If they show up..

in wrestling we used to have the draw at the same time as weight-in. so we rarely had first round walkover , but since they changed the rules. now that's possible but since we had some walkovers in past tournaments this year. as far as I know all teams must have a representative during the draw. to make sure they are going to participate

in the men's -86 the anticipated final is already dead and gone...strong start by :IRI Yazdani, but :USA Taylor came back big time in the second round and won by a sound margin (11-6 the final score)... 

I guess our friend @MHSN is not that happy about how this one went...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

in the men's -86 the anticipated final is already dead and gone...strong start by :IRI Yazdani, but :USA Taylor came back big time in the second round and won by a sound margin (11-6 the final score)... 

I guess our friend @MHSN is not that happy about how this one went...

well he was our only chance for gold medal in freestyle and he is considered something like a big champion here. that will be a terrible news. and this is worse because I also hate Taylor as well and I hope he doesn't make it to the final. (even though that will eliminate Yazdani but for him I don't care about the bronze)

the first match is always tricky because the body is not ready yet. Yazdani gassed after just 2 minutes. at some point he has to learn to use his brain as well. you don't have to push at maximum from the start. he usually finishes his match in 2-3 minutes but that's not always possible , you have to have a plan B.

Edited by MHSN

I know :HUN HUN is not a powerhouse in Freestyle, but still...they're having a nightmare start of the home champs...:facepalm:

Vereb lost the very first match of the tournament against a Lithuanian (either not a powerhouse in FS) and Molnar (-61kg) has just been destroyed by :SEN Diatta...:yikes:

and btw. the officiating was also bad. I have to watch the match again but as far as I see. Taylor had step out of the mat before one of his takedowns. that could be 3pts difference and also in first period. Yazdnai had him under control for 2pts before Taylor took his leg and made a takedown. instead of 2-0 for Taylor it should be 2-1 for Yazdani.

it could be 8-1 instead of 6-2 in first period and 9-7 in favor of Yazdani instead of 9-6 for Taylor before that desperate attempt from Yazdani in last seconds which gave up 2 more pts but it doesn't matter . we had seen much worse officiating in wrestling but that step out was very clear to me . shame our coach didn't notice that to challenge.

interesting match between :UZB Vakhubov and :CUB Torreblanca in the men's -86, with the Cuban winning quite easily (6-2), meanwhile in the same class the Sudanese guy did actually show up, but his bout lasted only a minute and 7 seconds (he lost by superiority 11-0 to :VEN)...

perfect coverage from UWW. no sound for some mats. no scoreboard for some mats. you just have to pray for them to go to the left corner of the mat and maybe you can see the scoreboard. even though it's hard for me to even watch the rest of the competition after Yazdani's defeat.