website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Wanderer

1 minute ago, IoNuTzZ said:

Well she was in but declined the quota.

Are you sure, because it looks like Paolini #87 and Jorovic #90 SR were the last ones in from Europe. Bogdan is #91.

Anyways I am really surprised that so many Romanian girls aren't going. I expected them to care about the Olympics especially being Romanian. Cirstea and Begu have been before, but Tig and Bogdan? That surprised me.

10 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Are you sure, because it looks like Paolini #87 and Jorovic #90 SR were the last ones in from Europe. Bogdan is #91.

Anyways I am really surprised that so many Romanian girls aren't going. I expected them to care about the Olympics especially being Romanian. Cirstea and Begu have been before, but Tig and Bogdan? That surprised me.

That’s what our news said, but yeah you’re right i think she was an alternate.

2 hours ago, szy123 said:

Why are Pedro and Joao Sousa both listed as quelified by continental place? 

Two ITF Places (Oceania quota and host quota) had to be reallocated in both the men's and women's singles (next highest ranked athlete), but the ITF still calls them ITF Places. Pedro got the European quota while Joao for the reallocated quota. We see a similar thing on the women's side where :SRB Nina Stojanovic got the European quota while her compatriot Ivana Jorovic got the reallocated quota.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Two ITF Places (Oceania quota and host quota) had to be reallocated in both the men's and women's singles (next highest ranked athlete), but the ITF still calls them ITF Places. Pedro got the European quota while Joao for the reallocated quota. We see a similar thing on the women's side where :SRB Nina Stojanovic got the European quota while her compatriot Ivana Jorovic got the reallocated quota.

Oh, ok thanks. Tho I still wonder if they both should get the quota really as european place is for country with no player qualified IIRC

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

1 minute ago, szy123 said:

@hckošice someone had to pull out and wikipedia now has Schmiedlova with Continental quota 

:roflmao:

If true then it is really bad luck for her, it came half day too late. Our Team was today officially approved and finalised by the NOC general assembly.

As far I understood correctly, the only exceptions being allowed to be added to the team now are only by eventual re-allocation in Triathlon (only for M event Richard Varga) and MTB Cycling (only for M Cross-country)..but looks unlikely..

and the only relaxed rules are for any eventual invitation we may receive in Swimming, because somehow FINA forget about Slovakia it appears, we did not receive any charity invitation or information so far :lol: it looks like we are going for the first time to not have any swimmer at the Olympics. 20 years afte Moravcová won 2 silvers in Sydney :d

but yeah...not like it will be even noticed in the country, so ...:p

11 minutes ago, szy123 said:

Oh, ok thanks. Tho I still wonder if they both should get the quota really as european place is for country with no player qualified IIRC

I think the logic is that the European places were awarded first and then the reallocated quotas which ended up being the same nation. Of course with athletes still pulling out the point might be moot.

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

:roflmao:

If true then it is really bad luck for her, it came half day too late. Our Team was today officially approved and finalised by the NOC general assembly.

As far I understood correctly, the only exceptions being allowed to be added to the team now are only by eventual re-allocation in Triathlon (only for M event Richard Varga) and MTB Cycling (only for M Cross-country)..but looks unlikely..

and the only relaxed rules are for any eventual invitation we may receive in Swimming, because somehow FINA forget about Slovakia it appears, we did not receive any charity invitation or information so far :lol: it looks like we are going for the first time to not have any swimmer at the Olympics. 20 years afte Moravcová won 2 silvers in Sydney :d

but yeah...not like it will be even noticed in the country, so ...:p

I think all the lists may be adjusted until July 5th, maybe even later. If Schmiedlova does not reject the quota, I think SOC won't either.....