website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

26 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I saw it again and it was actually 1 second after the end. you could see he received a warning from the ref. they usually don't just warn you for these kind of actions. they give caution and 2pts.

he was the better wrestler and deserved the quota. no need to humiliate your opponent

To be honest, after a precise video check, it can be seen that the movement starts 0.4 seconds before the end of the match. You can review it again. ;) This is not so important, but your criticism is not correct

4 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Lauritinaits got destroyed in semifinal :(

Omarov should give half of his quotas to him ! :d he cleaned the way for Omarov by beating Hrabovik and Noumonvi. I think Omarov couldn't beat these guys.

very impressive quota for :FIN Kuosmanen

yes he won his QF and SF both 1-1. but I don't think that was intentional. impressive because he was probably 30kg lighter than his opponents.

I have to repeat again that he is a 97kg wrestler but since Finland already qualified Savolainen in that weight he had no other option to try his chance at 130kg.

this is interesting that both talented Finnish wrestlers are in the same weight ! :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, rybak said:

We went down from Rio's 8 quotas to 5 in Tokyo. I'm worried that we will have even less quotas in Paris... But we have 3 years to improve our wrestling, maybe few new talents will appear.

Apparently, the sport is dying even more in South Korea. They went from 9 in London to 5 in Rio to 2 in Tokyo... and no Kim Hyeon-woo this time.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

lol Kakhelasvili is using the same tactic.

and he has been punished big time for that...:facepalm: :wall:

however, something must have happened to him in the last 12 months...I remember him a lot stronger, capable of throwing wrestlers around the mat with no apparent effort...nowadays he just can't throw anybody...and going to the European champs 2 weeks ago wasn't a brilliant idea from our federation...

to me, this is the second most painful missed qualification so far (behind only the women's team in Waterpolo)...:cry:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

and he has been punished big time for that...:facepalm: :wall:

however, something must have happened to him in the last 12 months...I remember him a lot stronger, capable of throwing wrestlers around the mat with no apparent effort...nowadays he just can't throw anybody...and going to the European champs 2 weeks ago wasn't a brilliant idea from our federation...

to me, this is the second most painful missed qualification so far (behind only the women's team in Waterpolo)...:cry:

I really don't think he is getting weaker. he is still like a tank. as you said that was a huge mistake wrestling at the European Championships so close to this competition. I think most wrestlers who participated at the Europeans failed here.

I would consider him as the 3rd dangerous opponent (only behind RUS and ARM) for our wrestler in this weight if he could make it to Tokyo. he just made a mistake against Finland (who is also a very good wrestler, 4th in my list) and tried a wrong tactic here. and I have to mention he had to fight really hard in his first 2 matches that probably also took most of his energy.

in short, he was just unlucky (and also made some mistakes) he will be a serious medal contender for the World Championships in Norway.