website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

I hate it when a match finishes 1-1. I said that so many times already and Alizadeh can't complain about anything since he won his previous match 1-1. he deserved to lose and I'm not even surprised. that was a terrible idea to send him here. we had at least 3 guys better him at home but that happens when instagram pages etc pick wrestlers for the team. just because this guy beat some random wrestlers at the Asian Championships in a low level.

but UWW officials are probably the stupidest people on the planet, they are making the wrestlers passive with these rules. if you watch that match, both wrestlers were EXTREMELY passive in the first period. intentionally  why ? because they wanted to receive the first caution. they weren't even touching each other. Alizadeh changed gear in the 2nd period since he was losing but when you waste 3 minutes of time to tire your opponent out you deserve to lose.

but Datunashvili also deserves shit for that ugly strategy. he won that match by being "passive"! if that was up to me I would disqualify both of them

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I hate it when a match finishes 1-1. I said that so many times already and Alizadeh can't complain about anything since he won his previous match 1-1. he deserved to lose and I'm not even surprised. that was a terrible idea to send him here. we had at least 3 guys better him at home but that happens when instagram pages etc pick wrestlers for the team. just because this guy beat some random wrestlers at the Asian Championships in a low level.

but UWW officials are probably the stupidest people on the planet, they are making the wrestlers passive with these rules. if you watch that match, both wrestlers were EXTREMELY passive in the first period. intentionally  why ? because they wanted to receive the first caution. they weren't even touching each other. Alizadeh changed gear in the 2nd period since he was losing but when you waste 3 minutes of time to tire your opponent out you deserve to lose.

but Datunashvili also deserves shit for that ugly strategy. he won that match by being "passive"! if that was up to me I would disqualify both of them

Why can't they introduce some "golden score" extra time when it's 1-1 without any action? It's not like wrestling never used extra time to decide draws before. 

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

I was expecting :POL Sahakyan to qualify in Hungary and then again here but both times he lost in the first round! :facepalm: complete disaster

I'm not shocked anymore :lol: 

But I'm praying for Krajewski, I hope that miracle will happen and he will qualify to Tokyo.

12 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Why can't they introduce some "golden score" extra time when it's 1-1 without any action? It's not like wrestling never used extra time to decide draws before. 

well. there are so many "why"s about UWW and its rules.

personally I support having extra time for any tied score. but they don't want matches to last forever. (like Judo) some people suggest having a smaller circle for the extra time making it easier to score the pushout.

I will post the match later (when it's available) that was ugly.

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well. there are so many "why"s about UWW and its rules.

personally I support having extra time for any tied score. but they don't want matches to last forever. (like Judo) some people suggest having a smaller circle for the extra time making it easier to score the pushout.

I will post the match later (when it's available) that was ugly.

What use will be extra time when even that will be scored by passivity. 

I have not seen a large number of Greco matches so my observation may be completely off but to me it seems that most of the points are scored directly from the par terre position. Out of the remaining points, pushouts are majority and only a small portion are, to use football term, from open play. This is the main problem. But again my dataset is small. So, maybe that is not the case. Maybe, that is a conscious decision. I don’t know but it limits the viewer experience for a neutral. 

28 minutes ago, Dolby said:

What use will be extra time when even that will be scored by passivity. 

I have not seen a large number of Greco matches so my observation may be completely off but to me it seems that most of the points are scored directly from the par terre position. Out of the remaining points, pushouts are majority and only a small portion are, to use football term, from open play. This is the main problem. But again my dataset is small. So, maybe that is not the case. Maybe, that is a conscious decision. I don’t know but it limits the viewer experience for a neutral. 

yes in high level matches it's just too hard to score from the standing position. it happens but probably in 50% of the matches.

of course I mean an extra time without passivity caution. let them wrestle until someone scores. by a pushout or anything else. if they can't score, make the circle smaller. at least someone has to score for the win. current rule is like using the coin toss or probably worse because sometimes it punishes the more active wrestler. that's why in that specific match both of them wanted to be more "passive" at the start :facepalm: