website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

4 hours ago, Vaibhav (minchu) said:

But what's the point sir? 1. If he couldn't get past the unknown spanish pugilist, how would he survive at ABP qualifications! 2. I doubt if there would be any takers (fed/opponent/viewers) for him turning pro!

Well, whats the harm??? Yeah, unlikely to qualify but worth giving it a shot if the details can be worked out...

And I kinda always assume that it would be easy to set up a pro fight if someone wants it. Vikas showed it can be done. While the best boxers in the world are pros, there are also a large number of average pro boxers around the world who are essentially the equivalent of "jobbers" in the pro-wrestling world, i.e, just there to earn their show money and pad-up the records of promising talent. Vijender has 6 KOs on his resume but I doubt if any of his opponents are anywhere near the level he faced in olympics over the years...

Heck, there are other first-round losers in Baku. Just sign a deal for mutual benefit and have the pro fight in some dungeon in Baku...:d

and yeah, good to see you finally here...

4 minutes ago, Harit Garg said:

Manoj Kumar  first round 29-28. 

Second round 27-30 and

Third Round 29-28

Is he win 2-1 or lost 85-86 

I think he won 2-1.

Pls confirm

Each judge gives a score to each round: 10-9 being the default, 10-8 or even 10-7 only in case of too much domination and/or knockouts/warning. At the end of three rounds, each judge's scores are added up. The boxer with more judges giving him victory wins the bout. Whether a judge gives you 30-24 or 29-28 it doesnt matter. So, in this case Manoj Kumar won 2-1 as two judges thought he was the better boxer while one judge thought otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Each judge gives a score to each round: 10-9 being the default, 10-8 or even 10-7 only in case of too much domination and/or knockouts/warning. At the end of three rounds, each judge's scores are added up. The boxer with more judges giving him victory wins the bout. Whether a judge gives you 30-24 or 29-28 it doesnt matter. So, in this case Manoj Kumar won 2-1 as two judges thought he was the better boxer while one judge thought otherwise. 

Do u know judge wise score line as I had given round wise score line 

Can we win 3 quotas in Baku? These 2 archery men team deficiency may create a difference between 119 & 121. Time is running fast for Athletics persons also. 4x400 men team position may depends upon Russian ban. Love to see crossing 120 mark. But can we do it?

32 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Well, whats the harm??? Yeah, unlikely to qualify but worth giving it a shot if the details can be worked out...

And I kinda always assume that it would be easy to set up a pro fight if someone wants it. Vikas showed it can be done. While the best boxers in the world are pros, there are also a large number of average pro boxers around the world who are essentially the equivalent of "jobbers" in the pro-wrestling world, i.e, just there to earn their show money and pad-up the records of promising talent. Vijender has 6 KOs on his resume but I doubt if any of his opponents are anywhere near the level he faced in olympics over the years...

Heck, there are other first-round losers in Baku. Just sign a deal for mutual benefit and have the pro fight in some dungeon in Baku...:d

and yeah, good to see you finally here...

You wanna think of it as tragic or may be a conspiracy against Indian boxers (given the unfavorable results of recent past), but we have stooped down big from where we had reached once. I can't help but remorse thinking about Beijing and London, when all one could see was increasing number of our boxers entering late knock-out stages. Specially London. Since we had so so close bouts for most of our boxers, the immediate feel was of getting revenge by improving to one step more in next games. And look at where we are!! It makes me really sad.

And yes. Thanks. I was in awe of the level of analysis you'd been putting here, so had to join :)