website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

In latin america at least it's 100% like that.   

Those are hard facts, then some people will explain it saying "it's because they are ignorant and dependant on social welfare" while others will say "because only leftist policians care about them". You decide your interpretation.

It is the same in GB. The poorest, most left-wing cities in 1922 are still the poorest, most left-wing cities in 2022, in spite of a solid century of left-wing local government.

Regardless of the outcome, it’s hard to find a less inspiring, or unhealthy (can’t quite come up with the words I want here, so these will have to do) election than this one. I read up on the all the major candidates (top 5/6) during the first round, and I honestly don’t know if I’d willingly support any of them. The amount of scandals, conflicts of interest, questionable political decisions, etc. are just ridiculous. I’d certainly like to here some local users viewpoints on the state of Brazilian democracy.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela