website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Brazil has over 200 million of citizens and the best they can do vs Bolsonaro is to bring up 77yo old-timer? No wonder populism is ahem.. popular. At least it gives an impression of being something new or simply younger.

Its typical in Latin America to have a "recycled leader", specially in the leftism, because the populism is too strong in this part of the world....sadly, something similar happen in my country having the vice presidente Cristina Kirchner was the wife of the president, after thar was TWO TIMES president and now is the vice president of his puppet Alberto Fernandez........well, yes, we dont have over 200 millons of people :lol:

Dear brazilians, dont be angry with me please but like i sayed before: i invest in some of your companys and the leftism is bad for bussines (there is a big concern in the investor world for the return of Lula)  , i like the economical team of Bolsonaro a lot more than him.

1 hour ago, konig said:

Dear brazilians, dont be angry with me please but like i sayed before: i invest in some of your companys and the leftism is bad for bussines (there is a big concern in the investor world for the return of Lula)  , i like the economical team of Bolsonaro a lot more than him.

There are 33mi people below the line of poverty in Brazil, that alone should tell you for who our economy is working...

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

There are 33mi people below the line of poverty in Brazil, that alone should tell you for who our economy is working...

Brazil always has a big poverty, that number must be compared with at least the recent past, the goverment of Bolsonaro has the pandemic too.

1 minute ago, konig said:

Brazil always has a big poverty, that number must be compared with at least the recent past, the goverment of Bolsonaro has the pandemic too.

This the worse number in 20 years, and 10mi entered this status since the start of his government + no real adjustment of minimum wage in 4 years. I could list a lot of reasons why he is a terrible president, but economy is front and center.

10 hours ago, vinipereira said:

This the worse number in 20 years, and 10mi entered this status since the start of his government + no real adjustment of minimum wage in 4 years. I could list a lot of reasons why he is a terrible president, but economy is front and center.

I can be wrong but i read news like this with some regularity https://www.infobae.com/america/agencias/2022/10/27/tasa-de-desempleo-trimestral-de-brasil-baja-al-87-en-linea-con-las-previsiones/

And i really admire Brazil well i read about the deflation you have, imagine Argentina with inflation about 100% in a year :cry:

If Lula wins today it will be by a very narrow margin. The federal police did 500+ operations today suppressing voters, especially those in public transportations in Northeast (region with most Lula voters). Apparently they're stopping now but we are less than 2 hours away from closing the polls. For a man who defends "liberty", Bolso certainly is looking more and more like a dictator...

For those who are interested, some results from other countries have already been leaked (not official, but pretty accurate). Of course most countries don't even have a thousand votes, but it's interesting that Bolso lost in some countries where he won in 2018. Biggest margins are in Japan (84%) for Bolso and France/Germany (~80%) for Lula.

Bolsonaro:

:JPN :ISR :QAT :TWN

:GRE

Lula:

:AUS :CHN :NZL :PLE :SGP :KOR

:AUT :CZE :DEN :EST :FIN :FRA :GER :ITA :HUN :LUX :NED :NOR :POL :POR :RUS :SVK :SLO :SWE :SUI

:ANG :KEN