website statistics

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

• Yes, the Olympic Games will be cancelled
    • No, the Olympic Games will be held

I wonder if all those involved so much in NOlympics movement (even before covid) could have ever created anything important and valuable in their lives by themselves. Or they are only good at saying 'no' and 'cancel it all'. 

2 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I wonder if all those involved so much in NOlympics movement (even before covid) could have ever created anything important and valuable in their lives by themselves. Or they are only good at saying 'no' and 'cancel it all'. 

I fuck this haters:)

8 hours ago, Triplecast said:

And don't forget @nojpoparis2024 

I prefer to call them anarchists myself.  And I think for them their Covid "concerns" are really just a means to an end.

And you know they'll push that narrative pretty hard that it was the Olympics that are responsible for the situation Japan is in now, just like they'd probably over-play hope much the 2004 Olympics contributed to Greece's economic struggles.  Whatever they can do to grab onto a narrative.  Really would love for the Olympics to go on, for it to NOT be a super-spreader event, and to offer up a massive "I told you so" to everyone who said it can't be done.

10 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Oh, well familiar with those douchebags.  They raise valid points about the negative aspects of Olympic hosting that don't get highlighted, particularly in a place like Los Angeles which is probably the best example of how a city can host an Olympics and not go deep into debt.  Those guys need to find a better hobby though.  Make the case against potential hosts that have no business hosting an Olympics.  Ask for reforms to the IOC and to the Olympic movement that are desperately needed.  But at the end of the day, do better than to make this another case of cancel culture where you're trying to destroy something because you don't like it.

And sadly my go-to sites like InsidetheGames giving this edgy movement a platform to spread their stuff

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57097853

An interesting article from the BBC with a rather poor headline through.

I can see no crowds at any of the events being agreed by a Japanese Goverment prepared to lose money rather than get blamed for allowing the games to surge virus cases. 

The BOA are still waiting for the Goverment to fast track vaccines for Team GB. If fastracking does not come soon as they hope it will they will have to use the Pfizer supplies the IOC providing to safely get both doses done in time for departure.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/17/tokyo-olympics-more-than-80-of-japanese-oppose-hosting-games-poll80% of Japanese people do not want the games held this July. That is a very high figure for a Goverment not far from an election to completely ignore. The not holding percentages seem to be growing not declining.