website statistics

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games be cancelled?

• Yes, the Olympic Games will be cancelled
    • No, the Olympic Games will be held

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/tokyo-olympics/ioc-seeks-to-reassure-tokyo-olympics-would-be-safe-as-pandemic-doubts-swirl/amp_articleshow/82828964.cms

@up and down @Orangehair43

* French President is coming for the opening ceremony 

* 80% of required medical staff available already for games

*Worst case scenario IOC has said that Olympics will happen during emergency. That is if cases rise there will be emergency and Olympics will take place. 

End of the Story 

It's all but confirmed that games will happen now! 

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well this is now a big name speaking out. An Olympic champion, no less.

Not a call for cancellation per se, but definitely a crisis of conscience that probably many athletes share...

Not like the world would take note of A Equestrian athlete. 

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Not like the world would take note of A Equestrian athlete. 

Whom would they take a note of then? Sprinting, basketball and tennis?

Not that this story is about the specific sport... At all.

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Whom would they take a note of then? Sprinting, basketball and tennis?

Not that this story is about the specific sport... At all.

Yeah those sports + athletics, swimming etc. The question is who knows that guy! US? Japan? It's something which won't come in the newspapers as much as Osaka's comments do  

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Well this is now a big name speaking out. An Olympic champion, no less.

Not a call for cancellation per se, but definitely a crisis of conscience that probably many athletes share...

Then again, does it really have that much of a significant impact?

Too bad one can't give up their own vaccine for someone else. I'd gladly give up mine (if that means I'll have to wait a bit longer) in order for an Olympic athlete to be vaccinated in time for Tokyo.

Meanwhile, I'm simply happy the Brazilian NOC seems to be starting with vaccines and a certain Totallympian will most likely receive one next week. No crisis of conscience at all..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Then again, does it really have that much of a significant impact?

Too bad one can't give up their own vaccine for someone else. I'd gladly give up mine (if that means I'll have to wait a bit longer) in order for an Olympic athlete to be vaccinated in time for Tokyo.

Meanwhile, I'm simply happy the Brazilian NOC seems to be starting with vaccines and a certain Totallympian will most likely receive one next week. No crisis of conscience at all..

Vaccination is still slow around here, overall, and it wildly varies among the different parts of the country. For example, a city 15 minutes away from Rio has vaccinated all of their teachers and professors, but vaccination for teachers and professors who live in the city of Rio had been suspended. Only next week it will restart, and I hope to receive my first shot in around three weeks. Needless to say, the general public is not too happy about athletes getting vaccines, so they're keeping this as low profile as possible.

15 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Needless to say, the general public is not too happy about athletes getting vaccines, so they're keeping this as low profile as possible.

People should be mad at our incompetent government, not at athletes getting vaccines from the IOC.

42 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

People should be mad at our incompetent government, not at athletes getting vaccines from the IOC.

Well, they voted for that genocide, so this is what they get. I've barely left home in the last 13 months because those stupid a******s who voted for Bolsonaro keep flooding the streets and spreading the virus. What can you expect from them?

And you know that most Brazilians are too dumb/stubborn to reflect about their bad choices, so they will blame everything and everyone but themselves and the one who they chose to represent them.