website statistics

Water Polo at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2017

dareza

51 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

And hungary is out too :lol: What crazy tournament...

Where is German guy to celebrate this historical achievment cause Hungarian fans now can save that 5 € for tickets for semifinal. You know for that money you can buy 100 kilos of cheese in Hungary  :lol:

I'm joking. Women tournament is really weird

Yeah the women's tournament has potentially 10 teams which could fight for a medal in any given tournament, it's one of the reasons why I wanted 12 (or at least 10) teams at the Olympics.

Congrats to Canada, we're finally on the right side of an important narrow match

8 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah the women's tournament has potentially 10 teams which could fight for a medal in any given tournament, it's one of the reasons why I wanted 12 (or at least 10) teams at the Olympics.

Congrats to Canada, we're finally on the right side of an important narrow match

since Japan (which is also improving) is the host, one of the 10 will miss Olympics again :(

15th place:

:RSA 4-6 :KAZ

13th place:

:BRA 9-11 :JPN

So:

13. :JPN

14. :BRA

15. :KAZ

16. :RSA

9th place play-offs:

:NZL 4-19 :NED

:CHN 13-5 :FRA

So 11th place:

:NZL VS :FRA

9th place:

:NED VS :CHN

Quarter-finals:

:ITA 8-9 :RUS

:USA 7-5 :AUS

:HUN 4-6 :CAN

:GRE (2) 10-10 (4) :ESP

So 5th place:

:ITA VS :AUS

:HUN VS :GRE

Semi-finals:

:RUS VS :USA

:CAN VS :ESP

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

Basketball and football for example have more competitive teams than available quotas, so I don't see a problem with one quality women's water polo team missing the tournament. Otherwise, what's the point of Olympic qualificatoin. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Water polo world is very stiff - 9 good women`s team, deacent China - c`mon. Then we have Japan, Brazil, NZ, France and Serbia, maybe Cuba potentially, the same with KAZ.

GER, POR, TUR, CRO, SVK, UZB, SAF, MEX, PRT etc are really weak. You can`t compare it to any other sport. In men`s game it`s just a bit better, some 20 competitive teams for 11 quota? Not bad

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

The problem is not the total number of quotas, but the distribution of continental ones...Australia will get easy quotas as always and South Africa is probably already qualified without playing a match (let's hope they refuse the quotas)