website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017

heywoodu

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulína today with the 18th fastest skiing but unfortunately 3 minutes penalties was too much today. In overall we failed today because of shooting, the same for Gereková  with relatively decent skiing but same shooting performance as Paulína Fialková. Her sister Ivona was even faster during the first half of the race but then missed 4th and 5th target in 3rd shooting and apparently gave up since her times in last 2 laps were less better, but still overall 34th fastest skiing is very good for our youngest team member. pitty only Paulína finished on points..

In the Nations Cup we are still 17th some 218 points behind 16th USA and some 275 points in front of 18th Japan. The olympic qualifiers is still undecided since the ex-Russian girls are keeping Koreans chances for 5 quotas still alive, they are right now 21st 803 points behind us...

In other hand it´s official that we will have 2 biathletes in the mass start. Nastya Kuzmina with BIB 22 and Paulína Fialková will experience her great debut in this event with BIB 25. however the Kuzmina starts in fridays relay and sundays Mass Start are still questionable, hopefully she will feel good and will start. :fingers:

Spoiler

MZLoRcpjkbVM9WvMWj99E5C9IolEIpFsM3KuSCKR

Koukalova is just :bowdown::) Moravec doing quite well too. But the rest of the time is doing quite poorly. Surprised to see Vitkova shooting very unevenly. Not looking good for the relays, and it seems Koukalova is our only medal hope. Vitkova isn't even in the mass start, which is the first time in years :( 

I genuinely thought Koukalova was going to win that race. Can't wait to see her and Dahlmeier face off in the mass start.

Also hats off to Amanda Lightfoot, getting world cup points! :GBR Britain is kind of my second team. I watch these on British Eurosport as well.