website statistics

AIN athletes qualification for Paris 2024 Olympic Games and reallocation of quotas [post#1 updated 29.06] Road to Paris 2024

48 minutes ago, avlar said:

I would say we can get announcements on tennis and possibly modern pentathlon next week. I suppose rowing will be there too.

Judo will have final rankings next week. but IJF needs some time for formalities. And the IOC will need time to check the entries - it will be a very big group of AINs. So they will need another week, I think.

World Aquatics will have final entries for swimiing next week too. There are not so many athletes to be checked. So they may be the same time as judo.

Shooting and Canoe are the very uncertain.

Shooting (normal) reallocation procedure is very complicated and long. I doubt if ISSF will send AIN entries to the IOC until all normal reallocations are done.

And Canoe is delayed by russians. ICF is waiting for them to reject C1 or C2 quota from the European qualifier. 

By the way, I am very surprised with the absence of the rowing in the first group of sports from the IOC. Qualification process inf rowing finished "centuries ago" and they have only 1 AIN boat to check. At the same time deadline for reallocation in Rowing is 23.06.24. So World Rowing may be waiting for this date to send entries to the IOC.

But on the other hand we stiil unaware of the fate of AIN pairs/doubles for Paris. And rowing is exactly the case, as well as tennis and canoe.

Thank you ! You’re very helpful :)

53 minutes ago, avlar said:

I would say we can get announcements on tennis and possibly modern pentathlon next week. I suppose rowing will be there too.

Judo will have final rankings next week. but IJF needs some time for formalities. And the IOC will need time to check the entries - it will be a very big group of AINs. So they will need another week, I think.

World Aquatics will have final entries for swimiing next week too. There are not so many athletes to be checked. So they may be the same time as judo.

Shooting and Canoe are the very uncertain.

Shooting (normal) reallocation procedure is very complicated and long. I doubt if ISSF will send AIN entries to the IOC until all normal reallocations are done.

And Canoe is delayed by russians. ICF is waiting for them to reject C1 or C2 quota from the European qualifier. 

By the way, I am very surprised with the absence of the rowing in the first group of sports from the IOC. Qualification process inf rowing finished "centuries ago" and they have only 1 AIN boat to check. At the same time deadline for reallocation in Rowing is 23.06.24. So World Rowing may be waiting for this date to send entries to the IOC.

But on the other hand we stiil unaware of the fate of AIN pairs/doubles for Paris. And rowing is exactly the case, as well as tennis and canoe.

I didn’t realize ain qualified a team boat in rowing. I just thought they had the men’s C2. Why is Russia taking so long to  choose. Isn’t it in their best interest to choose the C2 because they also qualify for the individual events as well? Or do they think if they choose C2 and the ioc doesn’t except it they will not be allowed in the C1 either because they rejected it .

1 minute ago, Surlympics said:

I didn’t realize ain qualified a team boat in rowing. I just thought they had the men’s C2. Why is Russia taking so long to  choose. Isn’t it in their best interest to choose the C2 because they also qualify for the individual events as well? Or do they think if they choose C2 and the ioc doesn’t except it they will not be allowed in the C1 either because they rejected it .

Here is the thing: Korovashkov/Shtyl are weak as fuck in C1 500, so it's not a case. So it's a hard choice for them, hopefully IOC rejected them 

"The Belarusian Wrestling Federation reports with great regret that 9 out of 10 wrestlers selected for Paris will not take part in the Olympic Games by decision of the IOC, Abubakar Khaslakhanov will become the only representative of Belarusian wrestling."

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

"The Belarusian Wrestling Federation reports with great regret that 9 out of 10 wrestlers selected for Paris will not take part in the Olympic Games by decision of the IOC, Abubakar Khaslakhanov will become the only representative of Belarusian wrestling."

and this means that :ITA Frank Chamizo will truly be reallocated a spot...or not? :mumble:

Edited by phelps