website statistics

Taekwondo ETU European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

50 minutes ago, MHSN said:

there wasn't even a single doubtful call in that match, not sure what you are talking about.

feel really sorry for the Bulgarian girl though, she will not forget this defeat for so many years

the head shot they gave :BUL to win rd #1 wasn't even close to hitting the target, it landed on the shoulder

I was just referring to that, as it happened exactly in the moment I was writing that post...

however, it was the only controversial shot and finally the Bulgarian managed to lose it badly (for her soul) by herself (actually, she was just unlucky on the last hit)

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

the head shot they gave :BUL to win rd #1 wasn't even close to hitting the target, it landed on the shoulder

I was just referring to that, as it happened exactly in the moment I was writing that post...

however, it was the only controversial shot and finally the Bulgarian managed to lose it badly (for her soul) by herself (actually, she was just unlucky on the last hit)

that was electronically scored. not by human. 

I'm watching the next day draw and that made me confused 

Russia qualified one male athlete at the Grand Slam (V. Larin) and now they have M. Khramtcov trying to get the 2nd quota

but then I saw G. Gurtsiev at 58kg :yikes: but apparently he is representing Belarus now, kind of weird to move from one AIN to another AIN :d

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that was electronically scored. not by human. 

tbh, watching the replay more than once I never had the feeling that there was a touch on the helmet, it looked like the kick landed at least 10cm (if not more) from the head, right on the shoulder

but it's still possible that I didn't see well the pictures (I was looking on a small cell phone screen)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

completely useless

just in case if someone withdraws later or tests positive for doping

which almost never happen in this sport

One more reason they added that Bronze final (with no finel on the schedule) is to deal with AINs if they are in top 2 and will be scratched later by the IOC commission. So it would be better to win that 3rd place in such cases.

Edited by avlar

1 minute ago, avlar said:

One more reason they added that Bronze final (with no finel on the schedule) is to deal with AINs if they are in top 2 and will be scratched later bu the IOC commission.

nope

we had them back in 2020 too